Clomid + trigger shot?

Nikki B

Reaction score
Hi ladies. After ttc for almost 4 years I got pregnant with my son on my third round of 100 mg clomid. He's almost 2 now, with us not preventing since he was born. I just got done with my second round of 100 mg clomid, no ovulation, just some side effects:(

Today my dr told me he wants to up my dosage to 150 mg and see me to determine if we should do a trigger shot or if I'm going to o on my own. The tigger shot kind of freaks me out though because everything I read online mentions multiples!

Does anyone have any experiences to share?

Hi, how did everything work out? I'm in the same boat. I didn't respond to 100mg clomid so they upped it to 150 and I did the trigger shot. Did you end up deciding to do the shot?

I didn't want to just read and not reply. I'm not sure I can be of much help though. This is my third round of clomid 100mg and my second time doing the trigger shot. We don't mind having multiples, but I like the shot because it releases all of your mature eggs and it happens within 24-48, which is great because you can time intercourse. I hope this helped = )

Hi all - I also really like the trigger shot. Im on Clomid 150mg and did ultrasound monitoring this month. Was so nice to see what was actually going on in my body. By cycle day 15 had two mature follicles 21mm and 20mm..also a 15mm one. They did the trigger shot that day. Husband has no sperm issues so we are just doing timed intercourse.

Those that have done the trigger before did you feel ovulation pains when you did ovulate??? I had strong ones for a couple hours 36 hours after my trigger.

Now on the dreaded two week wait...

I liked the idea of a trigger shot. This was my first IUI and we did clomid and trigger (I am a lesiban, using donor sperm, which costs a lot of money. We need to be sure about timing, there is no extra sperm!)

It made me feel better becuase we knew when I would ovulate, the follicle tracking by ultrasound helped with that, and it was really a relief to have this in the hands of a doctor.

I liked the idea of a trigger shot. This was my first IUI and we did clomid and trigger (I am a lesiban, using donor sperm, which costs a lot of money. We need to be sure about timing, there is no extra sperm!)

It made me feel better becuase we knew when I would ovulate, the follicle tracking by ultrasound helped with that, and it was really a relief to have this in the hands of a doctor.

Amigone - It is nice to hear someone have a BFP after their first IUI. Congratulations!!!
I recently just had 2 IUIs back to back and in the TWW. I am hoping and praying for a :bfp:

Good Luck Everyone! :dust:

Ladies - sorry I forgot to mention that I did not take Clomid, I took follistim injections + low dose HCG shot + Ovidrel shot before IUIs were done. I liked the trigger shot cause I was being monitored by RE. I had 3-4 really good size follicles before IUIs so I hope it worked.

I ovulated on my own but we did Clomid one month with IUI, we didn't go "all in" because there was a chance that the side i ovulated on was blocked (it was, they hadn't made the final determination yet at IUI time). The second time we did Clomid, with tripper and IUI and I got pregnant with twins. We lost one at 15 weeks but i actually think that was due to the IUI. Baby girl is due next weekend :)

I ovulated on my own but we did Clomid one month with IUI, we didn't go "all in" because there was a chance that the side i ovulated on was blocked (it was, they hadn't made the final determination yet at IUI time). The second time we did Clomid, with tripper and IUI and I got pregnant with twins. We lost one at 15 weeks but i actually think that was due to the IUI. Baby girl is due next weekend :)

Ariannda - I am sorry to hear of your lose of 1 of your twins. Congratulations on your upcoming birth of you little girl!! Good Luck! :hugs:

Thanks ladies. I just went to RE and am to start clomid plus trigger. This helps a lot to read these and to know about others experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->