Clomid users...

Solus

First ever BFP 10/26/13!!
Reaction score
I will be starting Clomid soon! My only problem is late ovulation, anywhere from CD21-35. The doctor hopes Clomid will bring forward ovulation and help me to get pregnant.

I am a little scared it might not work. So I wanted to ask, did Clomid work for you? Did it not? Why were you put on it? :flower:

No it didn't work for me. I done 12 rounds of it over a period of time. Horrible horrible side effects as well I suffered.
Clomid can make some women O later than normal nd others earlier, u really dnt no until u try it. Everyone reacts differently on clomid.
I was giving clomid to help boost things along a little even tho I O on my own.

I don't ovulating or having a period so was put on clomid and ovulated on cd21 and conceived my son.

I had my first positive opk this month on my second round of clomid. I didn't ovulate at all before that due to extended use of the depo shot.

This is my first time using Clomid. I suppose I'm in a strange situation in that I think we've done the infertility packet steps out of order...due to my having dealt with Endometriosis I had to have surgery this past January...while in there my doctor decided that she would go ahead and check everything out-as well as put the blue dye through the fallopian tubes-since she knew we had been trying for a while. Our doctor has also checked my husband's sperm-so far we look to be in good shape. There was some blood work (when I finally broke down and went back for help-outside of natural hoping, wishing and trying)...blood work that we had not done before (that typically is done before Clomid). So we have now done the blood work though it will be a while before the results come back (gotta love living in Japan...wait..wait...wait). So, since my husband will be deploying soon my doctor decided-though I may and probably am already ovulating on my own-she would rather start my on clomid for the short time we have left (instead of waiting for lab results) then miss a possibility of getting pregnant. So...here I am...today is day 8 in my cycle. I have been taking clomid this week...the side effects haven't been too bad (prob b/c it is only my first cycle.
I have an OPK. Used it tonight and it was negative, but I expected that...as all of the information I've read says that ovulation will occur most likely five to ten days after the last pill is taken...but I wanted to get a feel for it.
We don't currently have any children and would love to get pregnant with twins! Fingers crossed. Saying a lot of prayers and hoping fo the best.

I'm doing a lot of reading online to figure out the best days to try...seems like there is a lot of back and forth about trying to conceive every other day...and then others where they wait for the day of ovulation...

Workd for me on the second round at 50mg with virtually no side effects :) I used pre-seed and soft cups the day I got a positive opk and the day after that. I ovulated both cycles on cd 20/21. Good luck!!

Thanks to all who replied!!

toricapricorn - I will be joining you in just a few days, as my period is due in the next couple of days. I wouldn't be upset at all with twins either!! I just want babies! Fingers very crossed for us. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->