Clomid Virgin :)

iprayforbump

Reaction score
Hello everyone.:hi:I've been TTC for 10 months now. I ovulate on my own but sometimes I ovulate on CD14 and sometimes not until CD25 so the doctor decided to try clomid this month. I start it on Friday (CD 5). I could really use some advice, success stories, and just plain old support if any of you would be so lovely. I'm excited and really hoping this is what helps us!

Hi iprayforbump, I've only recently started taking clomid - my first pill was on Boxing day :( and I got a :bfn: when I did a HPT. Have just taken last pill of round 2 (CD6) and have FX'd. I know I O'd from my CD21 bloods last month. Everyone reacts differently to drugs though and for some women it just doesn't work - let's hope we don't fall into that category. There is a thread for clomid graduates so I think our chances are high [-o<. Haven't got any advice as such for you chick, and no success stories...yet, but I'm here for you :hugs:
xxx

Hi iprayforbump, I've only recently started taking clomid - my first pill was on Boxing day :( and I got a :bfn: when I did a HPT. Have just taken last pill of round 2 (CD6) and have FX'd. I know I O'd from my CD21 bloods last month. Everyone reacts differently to drugs though and for some women it just doesn't work - let's hope we don't fall into that category. There is a thread for clomid graduates so I think our chances are high [-o<. Haven't got any advice as such for you chick, and no success stories...yet, but I'm here for you :hugs:
xxx

Hi Tarkwa. Thanks for responding. I'm sorry it didn't work out the first try. Did you O before taking clomid? My friend took it for 3 months and on the
3rd month she got pregnant with twins! I'm okay with the thought of having multiples. Then I wouldn't have to go through this heartache again! I'm trying to stay grounded though. I know it may not be my miracle. I'm just happy to have a renewed hope again...that's what it really means to me. Good luck this cycle! Keep me informed. :flower:

I'm trying not to think about it too much either, but it's hard - I could never stop thinking about it. When I set my heart on something I will always do it - but this is out of my control :cry:. I think I might have been O'ing before (I went by my CM - got very 'eggy' which I took as O'ing :blush: (sorry if TMI), and my CBFM sticks! I got peaks almost every cycle). But a horrible FS I saw said I couldn't have been because of my high BMI! I saw in another thread that high progesterone could mean higher chance of multiples, but I'd love that! My CD21 bloods were 95 which I think is high, so I'm keeping everything X'd. I'm feeling hopeful right now, and lucky (it's cycle 13 - annoying as we've been TTC for 18months+!!!) Will defo keep you posted - you promise too as well!
xxx

I'm trying not to think about it too much either, but it's hard - I could never stop thinking about it. When I set my heart on something I will always do it - but this is out of my control :cry:. I think I might have been O'ing before (I went by my CM - got very 'eggy' which I took as O'ing :blush: (sorry if TMI), and my CBFM sticks! I got peaks almost every cycle). But a horrible FS I saw said I couldn't have been because of my high BMI! I saw in another thread that high progesterone could mean higher chance of multiples, but I'd love that! My CD21 bloods were 95 which I think is high, so I'm keeping everything X'd. I'm feeling hopeful right now, and lucky (it's cycle 13 - annoying as we've been TTC for 18months+!!!) Will defo keep you posted - you promise too as well!
xxx

I promise. I'm the same way. I have always set out and done everything I've said I would. It's hard not being able to control this. I'm sorry you saw a bad FS. I hope your current one is more understanding and sensitive. I don't know about day 21 bloods. I've never gone in for that so I'm not sure if 95 is high or not. Cycle 13 does sound lucky. I'm hoping 10 is too! :hugs:

good luck with the clomid

I know a fair few ladies who have got lovely strong bfps on clomid - hope it works for you! I used to take it at night to reduce the hot flushes :)

95 is a good prog reading fingers crossed! with my last bfp I had a prog reading of 85

:dust:

I've just finished my first round of clomid @ 50mg cycle days 2-6. My Dr however hasn't told me to come back for an blood tests to check if i've ovulated, all he said was BD between CD 12-16. He's given me another 2 rounds worth of pills too. I don't like BBT tracking because it makes me feel obsessed about TTC from the very moment i open my eyes in the morning! Other than the obvious ovulation pain which i'm presuming i would feel, and obviously if i don't get a :bfp: how would i know that Clomid made me ovulate?? LOL

Fingers crossed for you both :kiss: :dust:

xxx

I've heard some people have scans to check follicle sizes! I've not been asked to do that, but each doctor is different I 'spose. I've had three FS appts, and each time seen a different FS - NHS clinic at my local hospital so I'm not surprised. The last one was lovely (she must have felt sorry for me as I was so upset and there she was sitting at her desk with a rather large bump! At least she was sympathetic and it was nice that she congratulated me on my weight loss! :happydance:) and booked me in for two CD21 tests. My next appt is 23 Feb and I will have already started round 3 (if I don't get a BFP after this cycle) - I'm sure I'll see another different FS!!

Thanks Rowan - I feel good about my prog readings and this month! I take my clomid in the morning, but I get hot flushes at night! I wake up ROASTING hot, throwing off the covers. I'm not entirely sure that the clomid is cuasing it, but it does seem likely.
Becks, I usually go by my CM to see if I O'd. I only have one proper day of EWCM but I pretty much know that's a good time to get :sex:! I used to have a CBFM and my CM did tally with my highs/peaks so I'm sure I O'd before clomid. I have also started charting my BBT. It's my first time so don't feel like I'm obsessing over it...yet. It's kinda nice to understand my body, but my temp seems to be up and down so goodness knows whether I'm doing it right! I felt a bit helpless last month without my CBFM so I'm going to do some (IC) OPKs this cycle, starting later today (apparently you can't/shouldn't use FMU, which is odd as my CBFM said you HAD to!). Not sure how clomid wil affect them though :wacko:
xxx

Hey everyone! I haven't been asked to come in for scans or blood tests either. I think that they probably aren't checking b/c I normally do ovulate on my own. I took my 2nd pill of 5 and I feel normal so far. No side effects yet. Do they kick in later or am I in the clear?

I start Clomid today! No blood draws, scans or ultrasounds for me either... Good luck!

Anyone O earlier on clomid? I'm getting EWCM on CD8. I never get it that early. Should I waste OPK's and test this soon??

Is it really eggy? I get some CM that is a little stretchy, could it be that instead? CD8 does seem early, but if the OPKs are IC then go for it, what have you go to lose? You wouldn't want to miss O'ing :winkwink:. I think I'm O'ing slightly earlier on clomid than before I took it, just a few days though.
xxx

Is it really eggy? I get some CM that is a little stretchy, could it be that instead? CD8 does seem early, but if the OPKs are IC then go for it, what have you go to lose? You wouldn't want to miss O'ing :winkwink:. I think I'm O'ing slightly earlier on clomid than before I took it, just a few days though.
xxx

I guess it's not really eggy, just stretchy. Hell, sometimes I can't really tell the difference...ha. I have the expensive CBE smiley face OPK's so I decided not to waste it. I'm sure its just pre stretchy stuff. I think I'd feel more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->