Clomid Vs. Femara - Which is better?

Gohan3117

TTC #1 After 2 MC's
Reaction score
Hi! I usually hang around the TWW forum, but the question I'm about to ask is more suited for this forum.

After 3+ years of trying to have a baby, my Doc is putting me on either Femara or Clomid. I want to ask people who have used one or the other or both; which is better? Clomid is not covered underneath insurance, but it shouldn't cost too much and would be covered under my HSA card. Femara is covered, though. Could you answer the following questions for me?

Which did you use?
If you've used both, which did you prefer?
What are the side effects you experienced on either drug?
How many cycles did it take for you to get pregnant on the drug you used?

I just want to get general knowledge. Thanks in advance for any answers or insight! :hugs:

To answer the question outright: Femara all the way. but here is why

I did 2 rounds of clomid. It made me gain weight very quickly. I was extremely emotional. I also didn't ovulate on it.

with femara (aka Letrozole) I had no emotional side effects, no weight gain and I ovulated. It took until my second cycle to do so but we just needed to find the right dose.

I got pregnant on my 3rd cycle (2nd cycle ovulating). It unfortunately ended in miscarriage but that wasn't anything to do with femara. I did 3 rounds of femara after my miscarriage but no pregnancy again. We took this current cycle off. I will find out tomorrow if I ovulated on my own but it isn't likely. I start femara again next cycle.

It has less side effects than clomid. It has a shorter half life and doesn't thin the uterine lining like clomid does. So Femara all the way.

My doc told me that for women with my type of anovulation that clomid has shown more success with getting women to ovulate. I am starting in a few weeks.

We are unexplained, and while ttc DS I was on clomid for 6 months. Nothing happened exept sideaffects (headaches, moodiness, weight gain etc) well conceved with iui later on.
Now ttc nr 2 and on my second round of Letrozole and minor side affects so far. So from my experience - do like Letrozole better :)

If you go do for Letrozol and want to join there is Letrozole/Femara thread found here in bnb ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->