Clomid.

rebeccalouise

Reaction score
I've been diagnosed with PCOS recently and I wondered if my doctor would give me Clomid, or if I have to go to the special fertility clinic? I have a doc app on Tuesday, to refer me to the fertility clinic, but it's going to take weeks and we're pretty desperate to get it all sorted! we're moving away soon, and I know that'll create delays if it isn't sorted beforehand, as I'll have to change clinic etc.

thanks in advance for any replies! x

My gp did all the prescriptions but unfortunately only with a letter from the clinic.

If you've never had it before you will probably heed to go for follicle scans for at least the first month to make sure it is working and more importantly you aren't producing too many eggs and risking OHSS.

Sorry it's not what you want to hear. I really do understand. We only had to wait 8 weeks from referral but it felt a lifetime, I looked for that letter every day in the post those weeks.

As a side note get your dr to do your hormone profile and thyroid levels if thèy haven't already. My clinic wanted to do bloods themselves even though my gp had done them twice which meant we had to wait 7 weeks for the next available appointment to review. Yours may be ok with gp ones so worth having in advance. If you have them get your gp ton put them in with your referral letter as they won't take them from patients even if you get a copy.

Clomid has a great success rate though (80% chance you will ovulate)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->