Close parent nappies...

MrsV78

Bun in oven
Reaction score
Hi Ladies. Any experience with close parent nappies? There are some good discounts about at the moment, but I just need to know do I have to wash the outer as well as the inserts with every change or can this be wiped if its only wee? The one thing that's putting me off pocket nappies is the expense of buying 20+ outers as well as all the inserts and boosters.

sorry I can't help much as I only have one of these the bamboo one It lasts up to 3hrs on my toddler and a really good fit around his legs if only I could afford to buy some more,

I always washed the inserts and the outer shells, but I suppose if you had spare inserts you could re-use the outer. Is it much cheaper to only buy the inserts though? Quite often you see deals on sets but not on the separate bits.

I had bamboo ones and the easy-dry (think that's what it's called!) ones and also bamboo night boosters and found them all great. They fitted my child up to approx 14 months. I'm not a big velcro fan, prefer poppers, but these were good quality velcro so that was OK. I also liked that when I poppered down the rise (for smaller babies) it stayed down when putting the nappy on, unlike a lot of others which just un-popper and leave you with a big nappy. I don't usually like BTP for this reason but again these ones were OK. The outers go a bit pilled because of the cottony fabric but they still look good. All in all, I like them.

For comparison, at that age my other favourite on my son was bambootys (size large as these come up quite small imo.)

They aren't pocket nappies, they're 'snap in ones', and the outers will need to be washed each time.
They are very good nappies, one of my favourites, and I really recommend them.

Thanks Rose, I realise they arent pockets, that's why I thought the covers might not have to be washed quite so often - I think it's more what the internal layer of the outer is made of, if it's possible to wipe dry, or will this get wet each time. Maybe I'm just being tight!

They're reduced in a lot of places because a newer version will be out soon. The new ones look really good but that doesn't make the old ones any worse so they're worth buying IMO.

The inside of the outer is the same cottony stuff as the outside so does have the potential to get wet and stay smelly as it's not wipe-clean like a Flip or something similar. If you changed them soon enough that the inserts weren't properly wet all the way through, yes you could swap the inserts. You could improve it by putting a fleece liner underneath the inserts in an attempt to keep the outer dry. If LO poos though, you'll probably have to change the outer. Also, if the gussets get wet you will want to change the outer as they are not stay dry either, so would possibly rub LO's legs. IMO it's still worth buying extra inserts for the bamboo ones if you want because you can wash the outer and the inserts together after every change but the outer will dry a LOT quicker than inserts - a couple of hours compared to a couple of days for us! So while the first set of inserts is drying you can use a spare set. That's where spare inserts are handy for us.

Really like close parents...have one of their latest dream dris and I rate it highly

I use the Close Parent Pop-In nappies and find them great. They are really absorbent, and I love the fit around the legs. The only downside I'd say is that the rise is very low which means that they leak at nights (even with the night booster added). Oh and because they are bamboo they do take a little longer to dry. I have a heated clothes airer and if I put them on at 9am before I go to work they are dry before I go to bed (9-10pm these days!!).

Isla is a megawetter and could outpee the bamboo ones in 2 hours. I didn't find them as good as my flips in terms of reliability. They were prone to wicking / leaking around the legs even though the insert only wet around the front and completely dry at the back.

Thanks Rachel thats exactly what I wanted to know. They look like citation on the inside but I could work out why they sold spares as well...but it all makes sense now. I think I will buy 10 and start my collection. Thanks everyone for your answers x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->