Close pregnancies

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
Is anyone else currently pregnant with a baby less than a year old? My youngest is only 6 months and this baby was a surprise (although a good one because we were going to have a fourth baby... just wasn't planning on it being this soon) so I'm looking for other moms out there going through the same thing :)

Hello,

I am currently pregnant (just found out last week) with #2. My DS is 8 months in a week. So there will be only 16 months between them. It was planned this way as I like a smaller age gap between siblings and I find that the relationship between siblings is stronger because they are so close in age.

Are you nervous about anything in particular?

Congratulations! Oh, yes. I got pregnant when my first-born was 7m old, when my second was 2m old, when my third was 12m old and when my fourth was 7m old. I think it's actually easier to be pregnant with a baby because your baby takes so much focus off the pregnancy and makes it go by faster. My fourth-born turns 1 at the end of the month, and he has definitely kept me very busy! He turns 1 in 11 days, and I'll almost be halfway through! It's awesome! I hope you get a really easy pregnancy!

Not really, Summer. My first two were "Irish twins" and are only 12 months apart. DH and I have always wanted a big family and wanted our kids kind of close. I do have one fear and that's telling people that I'm expecting again. The last time I told people that I was expecting my last baby I posted it on Facebook because I have a lot of long distance family so I thought it would be easier that way. I was surprised about the negative comments from people that I received from people who I haven't seen in years. I didn't want to post about this pregnancy at all on social media but I'm getting a lot of pressure from friends that I've told who keep posting pregnancy stuff to my profile so I think people are getting suspicious. I also feel that my family will be more mad if I don't tell them until after the baby is born. I'm not sure what to do. Do either of you have Facebook and have you posted about your pregnancies yet or plan to?

My DH and his sister are "Irish twins" at only 11 months apart.

I believe it is harder for society to accept pregnancy closer together and I agree that I feel it is now kind of frowned upon. I think it's due to doctors actually advise at least an 18 month age gap between children and (no offense to anyone) society is changing to be more selfish (financially & independence/time to themselves) and can't imagine the "burden"*sarcasm* of having more than the now standard 2 children. Plus EVERYONE loves to give their 2 cents even if it is unsolicited. No one can just be genuinely happy for others anymore unfortunately. (I realize this paragraph sounds kind of bitter but it's a generalization and observation in my point of view.)

I do not have FB myself anymore as DH and I decided to delete our accounts as we found we were almost addicted to checking it every free second we had. We also are fairly private people and never posted about ourselves on there anyways. In our eyes if anyone actually cares to know about how we are doing or want updates they will contact us by text or phone...even email! Or like anything they will hear it down the line from other family and friends lol.

We haven't told anyone just yet. I always like to know there's a heart beating in there before we let anyone know. Usually I get to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler at 10 week appointment (the 1st appointment where I am) so we still tell before the 1st trimester is over but usually only family and really close friends with the understanding that not everyone gets to know until 14 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->