Close to being positive???

furmommyto3

Reaction score
Hi there!

I know this is not positive yet, but do you guys think that I am close to getting a positive/LH surge? I'm CD7 of a 26 day cycle and I am suspecting that I O earlier than not. Should I start BDing tonight to ensure swimmers are where they need to go?

(note: I am most likely going to have my first IUI late next week. I am only doing OPK's now to see if I am O'ing earlier since I will be monitored by an ultrasound next week. Just want to cover all my basis for the most successful chance this cycle).

Thanks! :winkwink:

Attachments

• IMG_1255(1).JPG
    IMG_1255(1).JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 15
Also, this is a tad darker than when I tested this morning, too.

My oh fluctuates quite a bit, but usually the day before it gets really nice and dark almost positive. I would think you will probably O around a usual time of cd 12-15 which an opk like that at cd 7 but it is hard to say because the surge can just happen

This is only my second month using these LH strips, and I am finding it hard to pinpoint exactly. I think I got my darkest strips on CD 10 and 11 last month, and probably O'ing on Day 12, according to temps. I just don't want to miss it.

How often are you testing? I use the advanced digital ones that detect estrogen and lh. They are on the pricey side but they are so worth it. I test once a day until my estrogen rises then I test two or three times a day so I have never missed my surge. With regular opks, I just go ahead and test three times a day.

I would say based on that line that you should ovulate within a few days at most. Usually when my line is half as dark as the control, it means that I'm gearing up to ovulate very soon. Hard to say exactly when but I'd suggest from now until you get your positive to test at least twice a day. Good luck!

Thanks everyone! I have been testing twice a day, so far. I tested this morning and it was very, very light- so definitely lighter than yesterday. I don't know if Clomid plays a part in all of this or not, and since this is an assisted cycle, my RE doesn't want me going by these. In the past, the only other two times I have used OPKs, I used the Clearblue Easy and the First Response ones, and they worked well. I bought a bunch of these off Amazon because they were indeed cheaper and so I can test more often. After this assisted cycle this month (IUI), I will probably go back to the other brands (assuming only if the IUI doesn't happen to work).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->