Cloth diapering twins?

want2bemommy

Cautiously expecting :-)
Reaction score
I'm expecting twins and can't imagine throwing away so many diapers- Especially since I live on an island, and we have to be careful about what we throw away. Has anyone else cloth diapered twins? Did it work for you? I'd love to hear your experiences :)

I don't have twins but I don't see any reason it wouldn't work. Just determine how often you want to be washing diapers in order to determine how many you need. I go with diaper covers and an insert because it takes up so much less room than having a huge number of pocket diapers. You would only need about 20 covers and that would do both kids for about a week. I just changed to Alva baby diapers and they are great and a great price.

Same as above, I haven't cloth nappied twins but my two were both in nappies at the same time for just a month or two when my youngest was born and it really was fine.

I personally wouldn't decide how often you want to wash and then buy enough nappies because your machine will still only hold the same number of nappies. While it's true to some extent that you can buy more nappies for two kids, your limit will be how many nappies you can fit in one wash load. For a standard size washing machine (I think that's about 6kg here), you're probably looking at 18 nappies in the wash at once max, although it depends on the type of nappy as some take up more room.

You might find that where a parent of one could wash every third day, you will need to wash every 1.5-2 days (and I would count on putting a wash on every day at the start, until they poo less frequently), but it really isn't difficult.

I don't have twins, but did have 2 in cloth for a little over a year and it was fine. I read last week about a woman that's just had quads and they wear cloth, now that I can't imagine!

Want2bemommy I was thinking exactly the same thing this week! I'm definitely going to give it a go! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->