Cloth diapers

Farmgirlalee

Reaction score
I did cloth diapers with my first baby and they worked awesome. Never had any leaking issues, just a quick rinse and they went into the washer and dryer. She rarely had diaper rash, slept through the night with them and we even did airplane flights with them. Saved me thousands of dollars. I am planning on doing cloth with this one again. When they are little I just do the folded ones, but when they start crawling or moving around more then I use fitted ones. I actually sewed most of my daughters diapers myself even though I am not the greatest at sewing!

Anyone else thinking of doing cloth?

My son has been in cloth since he was born. He's two now. I'm sure we'll do cloth with the new baby also. We use pocket diapers and have been very happy. Love those cute little cloth diaper butts!

We use cloth diapers with my DD and will need to get some more for this baby. We use disposables overnight as my DD is a very heavy wetter at nighttime and we had to stuff her pocket diapers so full that her diaper was gigantic and she couldn't roll over! Love the cloth diapers and we save soooo much money!

Nice! I am so glad I'm not the only one! I didn't do pocket diapers but had a few that had liners that were nice for poo. I also noticed my daughter potty trained really quickly with ththe cloth. Disposables give that false "dry" feel because they are so effective. My daughter was fully potty trained around 1.5 to 2 years but she has also been on the go and ready to try new things. When I went back to work her daycare helped a lot in finishing the process.

I'd love for some more info on cloth diapering. I didn't with my first two kids but am curious about it for this baby. Is cleaning difficult? Do you run out fast? How many sizes do you need?

I'd love for some more info on cloth diapering. I didn't with my first two kids but am curious about it for this baby. Is cleaning difficult? Do you run out fast? How many sizes do you need?

Washing them is super simple. You just need to run them through two wash cycles. Though formula/food poop needs to be cleaned off them first. Breastmilk can go right into the wash though.
You will go through them a bit faster than disposables as you should be changing cloth every 2-3 hours. So depending how often you want to wash them you may need a pretty big stash. I personally have about 40 diapers and wash every 5 days or so.
And most brands actually come in One Size which typically fit babies from 10lbs until potty learning. You can buy Newborn sizes as well if you want to start using them right from birth.

I'm pregnant with my firs but plan on cloth diapering. So glad to hear some great experiences with them!

I dabbled with cloth for DD but didn't really get into it. My OH wants to cloth with this baby so will start a stash soon. I'm going to use disposibles to start with though for ease.

We will, we did with our first and we're using cloth with our dd but not as much as we like as this house makes it difficult, we're moving in a month or so and will be able to do it full time (night time not included) and will just keep all of our nappies for dc3.

I think I had at most 20. I didn't feel like I was changing my DD any more than moms who used disposables and I just ran a wash every day. I'll find some links on seeing your own and you can find lots online to buy. I also did homemade baby wipes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->