cloth help (again!) please!

cw_249

Reaction score
So, i finally convinced dh to let me buy some cloth nappies for lo, then i waited patiently until pay day til i could buy some. Then i asked you lovely ladies what to buy as i can't get everything at once, so i needed to get enough to give us a reasonable start, and so i could try some different types.

Anyway, i then ordered stuff, similar to what you advised, although some stuff was out of stock so i made a few of my own substitutions, then i ordered some random other stuff because it looked necessary, but im an idiot and i don't know what to use with what, so if i list what i bought, could someone possibly tellme what to do with it please?

2 bumgenius aio
2 flip staydry trial packs
1 wonderoo v2 which comes with a big square and a small rectangle poppered to it
1 wonderoo v1 which didn't come with anything
4 ebay cheapies
a pack of 10 little lamb boosters
2 cotton babies inserts with popper down bits, i think they're bumgenius
a big square hemp thing
a big square little lamb size 2 bamboo something

and a couple of other things that i can't remember but I'll check and add when i go downstairs
Any help would be massively appreciated, especially cos I've got to act like a know it all to dh, as i am winning him round!

Hey hun I'm new to cloth to but the inserts/boosters that came with specific nappies are what ppl typically use in those nappies, then the bamboo and hemp boosters can be added to those nappies to increase absorption (a little extra boosting for day or more for night)

2 bumgenius aio - wash once and ready to go. You just put on and of like a sposie and wash it. Optionally you can add a Little Lamb bamboo booster (I do this to my BG AIOs, you put it in the pocket). You can also add a flushable (paper) liner or fleece liner to the top if you want to help make poo clean up a bit easier (I do this, fleece liners at home and paper for nursery). Essentially you don't need to add anything to these to use them, but you can choose to use boosters and liners.

2 flip staydry trial packs - not used but it should come with instructions? Wash once for these and they are ready. You could use a liner if you want to help poo clean up but it isn't necessary as they have a stay dry layer. I think you just place an insert into the wrap (plasticy nappy part) and put on baby. When only wet change just the insert for a new one and reuse the wrap, if pooed need to change all. But I'm sure someone who has used Flips will give you better help than me!

1 wonderoo v2 which comes with a big square and a small rectangle poppered to it - dunno but Wonderoov2 are pockets so somehow the big square thing should fold to fit inside the pocket. Does it say what it's made of in the label? If microfibre just wash once and ready to go. Ditto above re:liners (not needed but may be wanted).

1 wonderoo v1 which didn't come with anything - wash once. Will the BG inserts below fit in the pocket? If so you could use one of them with this.

4 ebay cheapies - wash once and ready to go. I would boost with a LL booster (place behind the microfibre insert provided ie place it nearest the plasticy side). Liner optional. I don't always bother with liners for ebay cheapies (as long as the inside is nice and fluffy) as I'm not bothered about them being pooed in!

a pack of 10 little lamb boosters - used to give extra absorbancy in a nappy. These need washing lots of times to get up to full absorbancy. I usually wash once, rinse and then leave in some water overnight (bucket or sink), change water. Repeat a couple of times, then start using. They may still need washing a few more times to build absorbancy, but I usually start using at this point and bear in mind that they may not be fully absorbant yet.

2 cotton babies inserts with popper down bits, i think they're bumgenius - yes they sound like BG. wash once and ready to go. You could try in your Wonderoo v1 and any other nappy you have that didn't come with an insert. these are microfibre so you may want to boost with bamboo etc when you use. The poppers are just to adjust the lenghth as needed.

a big square hemp thing - dunno! Sounds like a flat / prefold. Anyway needs a bit of washing to build absorbancy (like the LL bamboo boosters)

a big square little lamb size 2 bamboo something - dunno! Ditto above comment about the hemp square

Thank you. The bumgenius aio and the ebay cheapies came earlier so i washed them and was really shocked at how good they were by themselves!
The hemp i didn't know what to with, but the bamboo i soaked overnight and was gonna wash today. I knew this wouldn't build full absorbancy but thought id read on here that it would help, but should i have washed them first?
I suppose mainly what i was asking was if the square things are to boost or if they will go in the flips, and what to boost with what!

I believe flip inserts are usually rectangular so the squares are just boosters for general use though someone will correct me if wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->