Cloth nappie advice?

BabyBG

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is a forum or link which weighs the different type of cloth nappies (diapers)? I am very keen to use cloth as I have heard they have come a long way and are ultimately much easier on the wallet let alone the environment but I have NO IDEA what is what and which are the best.

Any advice from some experienced mums? (I am sure this subject has been discussed extensively but can't find anything yet.)

Thanks!!

Hi

If you go onto the parenting boards there's a cloth nappy forum where ladies you'll probably find lots of answers.

Even from when I last used cloth 3 years ago things have come along and I've bought lots of different nappies that I wasn't aware were around then.

There are so many different types to suit different budgets and shapes of babies I'd have a look in that forum as I think there's a sticky which tells you about all the different ones you can get now and gives reviews on them from mums who've used them.

HTH and good luck :flower: I can't wait to start using my cloth ones when Skippy is a couple of months old :happydance:

xx

HIya,

As mentioned above the girls at "Natural Parenting" have heaps of info for you ;)
Just have a look and ask anything youd like to know..!

https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/

Aso, it really depend son what route youd like to go, the different types/brands of nappies will have different weigh ranges ;)

I suggest that if you plan to start using cloth from birth (or at least in the first couple of weeks) to go for a fitted's system with covers.. Another recommendation is to try different types and brands as you go along.. I found that I liked to use different systems and types as my son changed shape when he got bigger..

You can always PM me if you have any more questions and ill try my best to give you more specific info :hugs:

Apart from the board I found www.cheeksandcherries.com very good as they sort the nappies according to all sorts of info, price, construction, washing, drying times etc.

Best thing to do is get some ideas then get your hands on some, we thought we were set on one type until we got our hands on some in a shop and then changed out mind immediately!

The cloth nappy tree is a great one as well. It's also great for purchasing preloved nappies that you want to try out but not buy brand new. That's what I'm doing at the moment and then when we find a system that works for us we'll stock up on those and sell off the rest. There's also a forum on Bump where you can buy preloved as well.

The nappy lady on youtube is a great place to learn really awesome folds if you want to use terrys or muslins for the first month or so until your LO can fit into those pretty pockets and such.

HTH! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->