Cloth nappies, cloth wipes and camping?

mum22ttc#3

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Hi, in 2 months we are going on a camping holiday, at home we use cloth nappies, mostly flips and a few ebay cheapies and around 2 weeks ago we also changed to cloth wipes (due to really bad nappy rash).

Im just wondering what to do when we go on holiday as Im worried about the nappy rash coming back if we go back to disposables for a bit. We are only going for a week so not sure how much effect it would have in that time. I wouldnt worry if it was only slight nappy rash but it was too the point that it was bleeding (and quite bad) everytime a wipe touched her. I am more worried about the wipes as we have tried every kind available in the supermarkets. I would think it is also going to be impossible to wash cloth while camping as we will only have the machines on site. Just really looking for any ideas on what others have done or just ideas in general.

Thanks in advance x

I would probably take nappies with me and either handwash them or use the site's machines, but if that's not for you how about using fleece liners in disposables to stop the nappies touching LO's skin? And for wipes, again I would take cloth ones but you could maybe use cotton wool and water if you want something disposable. Have you tried Jackson Reece wipes? Normal supermarkets ones give my LO rash too but the JR ones are really great. You can get them in some Tesco Extra/Home stores (list here - https://www.jacksonreece.com/where.htm) or online. Millie's Nappies sells them and I think has a free postage offer at the moment.

You could take a few pocket nappies, and use disposable inserts in them. the poskets would take much to hand wash though each time, and they dry very quickly. so you could probably get away with half a dozen, and just rinse them through as you take them off - you could even do it in a hand basin that way. It's then inserts which are usually the problem, because they take longer to dry.

When we've gone camping, I usually take pockets but instead of the regular microfiber inserts, I use either microfiber towels or thin cotton hand towels (Ikea do cheap bar towels that are perfect for the job :thumbup:). Because they can be unfolded, they dry so much faster than a regular insert. I've also just used a PUL cover with the cotton bar towels and that works really well- I didn't bother with a stay dry layer, but a fleece liner over top of the towel would do the job. I usually hand wash after each diaper change in a pail so that I don't run out of diapers. hth :flower:

Thanks for the replies. I haven't seen the Jackson reece ones but will definitely have a look at them, thanks. Also do you think that flips would work with the disposable insert and a fleece liner, that way I would only have to wash the outer and liner? Thanks.

Thanks for the replies. I haven't seen the Jackson reece ones but will definitely have a look at them, thanks. Also do you think that flips would work with the disposable insert and a fleece liner, that way I would only have to wash the outer and liner? Thanks.

I was just going to say this as an idea for you. Since you use flips you know how easy the covers are to wash and how fast they dry. Using the flip disposables are what, to me at least, make flips so great and so versatile. That being said I really feel like you could totally bring some of your staydry inserts and either wash them by hand or use the machines there after a few days. But then you still have the disposables just in case.

Remember you don't need much detergent to actually clean them, and I would think for just a week even if you needed to clean them without any detergent that would be fine to. But just pour a small bit into a smaller container to take with you and use it at the machines. Paying to use the machines is still cheaper and really better overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->