cloth nappies how do they work please shed some light

mum2beagain

mum to 3 under 5
Reaction score
few questions a si have no clue as i used disposable with my dd but am thinking it might be an idea to use cloth this time

where do u buy them from
how do they work like i know u put liners in them but do u wash the liners or are they throw away and when u change the liner do u chnge the nappy as well or is it like a nappy a day or something thanks in advance guys

It really depends, there are different types of cloth diapers. TONS of websites too. I'm in the US so I have all US sites but I know the ladies on here have lots you can order from, most I order from also ship worldwide too though if you were interested.

First you have to figure out what type you want to use...

Flats are the thin squares that you fold up and pin or snappi on..they require a cover/wrap
Prefolds are rectangle and you still fold and pin/snappi on and require a cover
Fitteds go on like sposies but require a cover
Pockets also go on like sposies but they have an opening on the diaper where you add the inserts to make it as absorbent as you need...don't require an extra cover
AIO/all in ones have everything attached to the diaper you need, no extra cover

There are a few variations of each type too but that's the main ones. There are pros and cons of each. Me personally, I like pockets, fitteds and prefolds best. I don't care for most AIO (with the exception of BumGenius organic AIO) because they take a long time to dry.

and Sara meant to add me to that list aswell didn't ya hunny? :rofl: xx

you don't have to bother with liners at all if you don't want to but you can also buy disposable or reusable so it's upto you really. Tbh i prefer disposable then i can just flush it away and be done with it but i only use liners when i'm expecting a poo.

lol sorry hun i totally did but i thought i might get wrong for advertising for you ??? :hugs:

:shrug: don't really kno tbh, it's only the same as posting the other sites and at least i've paid :haha: I was only joking though :hugs:

how long do they stay dry for or do u have to chnge them really frequently

it kind of depends on the nappy IMO, some of them need changing regualrly (prefolds really as wet is next to their skin) and others every couple of hours. I always play it by with my LO dependant on how much she's been drinking and what nappy she's in but roughly every 3/4 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->