cloth nappies or disposables???

I was all hyped up and ready to use re-usables,needless to say i managed couple of nappy changes and just threw them away - what a pain!!!!
I think you really have to be determand to stick to it,but i couldn't do it with two babies.

Plus disposing of the nappies...our bins get collected once a fortnight!! Can imagine how many nappies there would be in the bin after 2 weeks!! How would we fit any other rubbish in and it would smell no matter how well you think you've wrapped the nappies.

I was thinking about this too. Nappies would stink after a week sitting, especially in the summer!!! :sick:

I've got some pre loved size 1 tots bots as I dont' like the idea of what is essentially a size 2 nappy on a little newborn... very bulky and worse fit. Not sure how long they will last though... hard to tell how big baby will be and how quickly he/she will grow lol.

Once I'm into size 2 I might branch out and try the Blueberry's and other brands.

It's still cheaper than disposables even buying a size1 set and a size 2 set, plus this is baby number 1 for us so we will def. use them again at some point and therefore def. get our money's worth.

So pleased others are considering cloth nappies as I'm sure I'll have loads of questions and mishaps along the way!

Haven't really considered this greatly but I think for us, the most practical thing will be using disposables, the 6months after bubs is born is going to be crazy hectic with trying to organise visas/passport for both bubs and OH, shipping our stuff, moving to OH parents for a bit and then flying to Aust to settle, and even then will be a couple of months before we're in our own place, will have to stay with family until then. The thought of trying to carry around everything to use re-useables is something else I don't need the worry of.
Once we're settled in Oz then its something I may look into then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"