cloth nappies?

KellyMomma

Reaction score
Hi Silly question but how do the cloth nappies work? I mean do you change them as often as you would change a disposable nappy or do you change the liner every hour and keep using the same cloth nappy or do you change the liner and the nappy every hour or two? I know it depends on whether the nappy is soiled or not but typically we changed Leightons disposable nappy every three hours, depending on whether he did the nsaty in one lol. Now he is 4 months old we are switching to the cloth nappies and after two hours with three liners in, wee just soaked through the nappy? Am i doing something wrong or haven't i put it on tightly enough? Its the one with the fleece lining and the poppers on the outside!

I just need a little guidence! Feel stupid for not knowing but i just don't get what i should be doing!

Any info is appreciated!

Thanks

Kelly xx

I treat it the same as a disposable... I change every 3/4 hours unless he's done a stinker!

Are the inserts completely soaked or are they still dry at the back?

X x x

Are they pocket nappies? If so I think you probably need to boost them by putting something like a bamboo booster in the pocket behind the insert to give extra absorbancy. You should only need one liner with a nappy (the liner is the bit you put on top). If you are using pockets or AIOs then you change the whole nappy. I change every 3 hours or so but I do boost all my nappies. If it's a pre-fold or hybrid system (flips, econobums etc) you just change the prefold / insert bit and keep re-using the outer a couple of times (assuming not pooed in!).

Liners are just the things you use to make poo easier to deal with and to help keep there skins dry, they are not absorbant at all.

i bought them off ebay and i can't for the life of me remember what make they are! I have been on ebay and this is what they are but it doesn't say the make, just BabyLand:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Size-Adjusta..._Changing_Nappies_LE&var=&hash=item895fbbf7c0

They are coloured and have poppers on the outside, they are fleece on the inside and have a thick terry cotten liner inside.

The inside liner was soaked through as well as the disposable liners and it leaked through one of the legs into his clothes. I think i was naive in thinking that the liner would do the trick and that you used the nappy again and just changed the liner.

No you need to change the whole thing. I'd get some bamboo inserts and use one bamboo and one of the microfibre ones that comes with it. That will make it last longer....

X x x

do you think i bought the wrong ones and thats why they aren't working as good as a branded nappy? They do sell some basic tot bots nappies in tesco, is it worth buying one of those and seeing the difference?

Also would it be say 2-3 hours between changes?

Sorry for all the questions, i am useless!

xxx

They are very cheap and lots of people don't get on with them, but I like them and they are reliable for me. I change about every 3 hours.

If you search little lamb bamboo boosters on eBay you get 10 for £12.

Also how are you washing them?

X x x

You could buy a totsbot or other brand preloved from someone on here and see if something else works better for you, but I'd try boosting what you've got...

X x x

You're not using softener when you wash them are you?

X x x

There a pocket nappy, TBH we cant use pocket nappies, they can leak with in 5 mins of wearing no matter what i stuff them with, even the branded ones dont work

I have a bunch of BabyLand pockets and they work amazing for me! I don't double stuff or anything, the only time I've had leaks was when I didn't wash them right or do them up tight enough so his leg holes were good and snug (when I put them on Riley they always looks too tight, but he's still comfortable) I thing covers and inserts/prefolds seems easier and more cost effective so I'm going to be ordering some of those as well as some AIOs.

Like one of the PP said, are you using softners or anything with essential oils in it? And how much detergent are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->