cloth nappy/changing bag- what to pack

missmayhem

Mummy to 2 little cuties
Reaction score
ok laides i have a cath kidston nappy bag

LO's stuff for hospital all packed and it is rammed full, what would you take with you on a day out? and what bag do you use.

what would you take on a short trip, say coffee with a friend for an hour

and a long trip, say shopping lunch, then off somewere else, but out 9-5 or so

I have a toddler now so can get away with a bit less but my change bag has always included the following (we don't travel light!)

•Full change of clothes (vest, babygrow/outfit, socks etc as required)
•however many nappies I think I'll need plus one (always a minimum of 2 nappies and one wrap in the bag)
•Washable wipes in a Tupperware, already wet
•Nappy sacks for soiled nappies and wipes
•Fold up change mat
•Tube of nappy cream
•Toy for change time (rattle, wind up music box, teddy, something like that)
• We like dummies, always a minimum of 2 in the bag at any time
•Water beaker
• When tiny, a couple of muslins for inevitable mopping up duties

Longer trips will be the above plus whatever snacks/bottles/meals etc are required, an extra couple of toys and blankie for sleep time. I always took two blankies so that I could fling one over the pram when he was asleep to block some light and stimulation.

I think that's it!

so far packed i have

3 vests
2 sleepsuits
cardi
4 teenyfits
2 muslins
2 bibs
hand serum
breast pads
red book
wipes
wet bag

the bag just about closes and i don't think i could fit much more in to be honest

i have the same bag hon and i was thinking of this the other day, always had yummy mummy bags with maddi.

for cloth, was thinking of popping a separate wet bag either under pram or clipping it onto the bag in case space was short.

what i'd always pack in bag for baby (0-6months pre weaning) - i'd always keep this in there;
cotton wool/baby wipes
3 vests
3 sleepsuits
cardigan
socks
2 bibs
2 muslin squares
spare dummies in sterilised box
little toy, rattle, teether

then depending on length of time out, i'd add 2-3 bottles made with water, powder in the container separate and a fisher price flask to heat bottle up with - maddi was bottle fed so this is what i used to do. hoping to bf roo, so it might not count :)

for cloth i'd then probably add 3-4 nappies, wet bag, reusable wipes you can just run under the tap for warm water to clean baby with - normally baby changing have sinks :)

now how do you fit all that into a CK bag?????

i'm looking at the juju be bag, wonder if its any bigger looks good online

i'd use the side pocket for bottles/dummies, i'd probably remove the change mat and bottle holder too. and i'd probably add some milton wipes and hand gel - wipes for changing mats in places like mothercare and hand gel, well, i'll a little ocd :blush:

i have detol spray and hand gel in, plus the TTCTN wipes for teats etc....

have taken the mat out, as with that in nothing else would fit

hey I always had this problem now i have a separate bag (mothercare smart nappy bag) for cloth nappies, wipes and wetbag under the pushchair. And a bag attached to pram with everything else in

With Amy I had a bag for every occasion :D

My Pink Lining bag for day to day use.
A small Vertbaudet bag for quick trips out.
An enormous Cossato backpack that I got on eBay for big days out.
The free Boots bag for nursery and Daddy.

My Pink Lining bag was very pink and flowery and totally unboyish, so it was with some relief that I found a split in the plastic lining when I got it out this baby. I found a large hobo bag in TK Maxx for £20 and I am so pleased with it - it's much roomier than my Pink Lining one so plenty of room for cloth nappies (I did find with my Pink Lining bag that I could only comfortably fit two BGs in there along with all our other stuff so I often ended up with the BGs in the smaller Vertbaudent bag and the other stuff in the Pink Lining bag) and I am confident that Amy's potette will easily fit in there along with all the other baby paraphernalia as well.

I still have the other bags - the Vertbaudet one will still get used for quick trips and the huge backpack is big beyond all reason so is usually reserved for trips to the beach or swimming pool.

In answer to what did I pack in it, I always liked to take at least two nappies even for a quick trip as I was always paranoid that I would change her and she would immediately do a poo. I always took two bottles with an extra emergency carton of formula "just in case", two extra sets of clothes and muslins as she was a sicky baby, sachets of nurofen and calpol, a small tube of bum cream, an arnica stick, a travel sized pack of baby wipes, a couple of bibs, milton wipes and an antibac hand gel.

I'm sure I've forgotten something, it's been a while lol.

Mine wasn't great for cloth capacity, but it probably didn't help that I only had pocket nappies last time. When we were using Bambino Mios I think we managed to fit a few more in. since fewer covers were needed.

if i go for flips as a main stash then perhaps the CK bag would work, but i also like the looks of ittis etc etc...

i think i need a bigger bag for longer trips.....

CK bag for shorter trips, pink lining for longer trips ;) he he! i have to say there is loads of room in the PL bags too :)

For an hour, I would take:
2 Muslins
Small pencil case type bag of my stuff (lipbalm, breast pads, paracetamol etc)
Toddler's backpack with a few toys and snacks in it
Hat and bib for baby, hat and gloves for toddler
Phone, purse and keys
Small blanket
Extra jackets for baby and toddler
1 Flip (smallest nappies we own), nearly empty packet of disposable wipes (we use Jackson Reece ones when out, cloth ones at home), sample tub of CJ's BUTTer for any rash, sore spots on knees etc, all in a small Monkey Foot wetbag within the changing bag

That easily fits in the Pink Lining changing bag with plenty of room to spare.

For a day out, I would take
All of the above, plus two extra nappies and a few extra snacks, drink for toddler.

I do cheat though - I also have a large Monkey Foot wetbag that lives in the bottom of the pram and the pram lives in the car. In that bag, I have a full change of clothes for both girls, 2 extra nappies and a very thin changing mat (the BG scrappy one). If I'm out in the car, that's with us if I really need it and if I take the pram out, it goes in the bottom. I don't think it's really necessary though - I put it in there when my youngest was born 13 weeks ago and I still haven't used it!

Every couple of weeks I go though the changing bag and take out anything I haven't used - I started off taking much more than I take now 'just in case' but it's too much hassle. Oh I also take one or two baby carriers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->