Cloth Nappy Question

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Ok so I have:

https://exclusivesbyweenotions.com/wn/images/organics__orange_ecru_rainbow_simple_monkey.jpg

I don't its an example!! lol

What else do I need?

Whats a booster?

Weeny Wonder (5-15 lbs approx) with FREE BOOSTER

booster just boosts absorbancy
you need a liner and a wrap for that and you are set to go :)

Oh is it a pocket nappy??

Pocket nappies don't need a wrap, the PUL is stitched in
I'll have a lookie and see, seems such a shame to cover stitching doesn't it?

So of thats not a pocket nappy I need something else that covers that picture?

Right that particular pic is of an organic one so yeah you need the wrap with it, and bosster just goes in it

That seems silly!

I'm going off the idea quite quickly!

All seems really complicated to me :wacko:

And why would you buy a lovely nappy like that if you just gonna cover it up .. seems bizarre.

I know its daft isn't it?
but there again no one see it at all under vest lol
Personally i would get plainer ones and funkier wraps or get the pocket nappies

Those pocket ones don't look very exciting *sigh*

there is not just weenotions though hun :)

https://exclusivesbyweenotions.com/wn/images/pockets%20-%20lycra.jpg
you can get them made to order hun, i love the zebra one, but don't do tiny sizes :(

Can you personalised own design on pockets? thats wouldn't be so bad.

Still think I'm off the idea for now tbh I can't get my head round it an as much as people say cheaper I can't see it will be when I see how much ppl spend on these nappies & extras ... think I'd be same LOL spend spend spend :lol:

Think I'll consider getting head round it at a later stage rather than straight away!

Yeah you can personalise them
I know what you are saying about the cost, it can get really silly, i don't have very many for Jack really (not compared to Cat and Beanie LOL), messes with my head too much TBH
Motherease are good Jack has some birth to potty ones and they are great, just plain but i just put nice wrap over them, but saying that no one sees it except me LOL

I don't see ho it can be cheeper TBH ...

If your spending money on pockets, wrapps, liners, ETC and they cost a fortune how can it be cheeper???

xxx

Well I have spent about £500 on nappies I reckon. Of these most will do for the second baby, and those that don't I can sell and recover some of the cost. The ave cost of disposables for one baby for 2 years is £800, even with the cost of washing etc my nappies are cheaper then that. Bear in mind I have a lot of nappies too, most people have about 20 not the 35 I have. As for covering them up TBH that doesn't bother me. In the summer she usually runs round with a t-shirt and nappy on so you can see them, and in the winter I just love the fact she has cutte nappies on, always a talking piont at the Dr's and HV's lol. I see no difference betwen that and me wanting to wear nice underwear.

Good point that Beanie .. never thought about it like that .. just babies underwear!! Guess when you put it like that it doesnt seem so daft .. lol

I have about 15-20 thats all, thats 'cos i scaled down LOL
It s nice for them to have nice nappies on and i do prefer my weenotions and plush bums, Doctors and HV faces are alwaya a picture LOL

I don't know how much i have spent, would have to sit and work it out but was spending about £30 a month on disp nappies and managed to get Jacks starter set for £80 then just added bits and pieces every month

Beanie you and others that are PG or gonna have more are going to save even more in the ong run, unfortunatley we aren't and i am dreading him coming out of them if I'm honest LOL

I don't spend that much on disposable TBH - I buy the value pack and spend £20 Pm if that ... i end up buying nappies every 4wks with some left over
Don't get me wrong she has a change everytime she poo's but i don't change her bum if it not that wet!
So in the long run i think this is a cheeper option for me

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"