Cloth Washing Tips???

sun

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I haven't been using cloth for very long, yet my diapers are stinky already!!
This is what I have been doing - I use a dry bag (no soaking) and run a quick rinse then regular wash. I use a no-residue laundry soda (Nellies) and then I either line dry or use the dryer. I am noticing that there is definitely some stinkiness going on.... I was reading on the bummis website that I could dust baking soda into the diaper bag, so I will try that this time.
I do have a front-loading washer so I have been adding a wet towel (as per the bummis website advice) to make the water level a bit higher.
Anyone else have any ideas?? :shrug:
xx

How long are you going between washes? What temp water do you use? My wash routine is...

cold cycle rinse
Hot full wash with detergent
An extra cold rinse cycle
Then dry 1-2 times on low in the dryer

The only stink issues I ever had was with certain diapers, BG pockets mainly.

I am washing every 2-3 days.
I start with a cold cycle rinse - then hot regular wash. I haven't done a further rinse after though. I am trying the cold rinse with some baking soda right now. I am worried that the problem is that my washer is front-loading, since I keep reading that top loaders are better since they use more water.

Most of the diapers I am washing are prefolds, with a few aios and pockets.

I've heard with front loaders you also get more bubbles so you might not be getting all the soap out...I know you also have to use a smaller amount of detergent for them, but I can't remember what that is. I would try doing the extra rinse, making completely sure no more bubbles are in there before drying

I use a front loading machine, my nappies are only ever wet, not dirty, as I use a fleece liner. I do a regular wash at 60 degrees every other day, with half the amount of non-bio detergent.

Once a week I do all the nappies with a full load of detergent, long hot wash and several cold rinses until there are no bubbles left. I have never had any smell issues, I use AIOs mostly.

I tumble dry on a medium setting after every wash.

:)

I use a front loading machine, my nappies are only ever wet, not dirty, as I use a fleece liner. I do a regular wash at 60 degrees every other day, with half the amount of non-bio detergent.

Once a week I do all the nappies with a full load of detergent, long hot wash and several cold rinses until there are no bubbles left. I have never had any smell issues, I use AIOs mostly.

I tumble dry on a medium setting after every wash.

:)

WSS, i also dry on radiators too if i have other things to wash/dry :thumbup:

never had any stink probs:shrug:

have you tried a strip wash?

I use a really tiny amount of Bold 2-in-1, just 1 tablespoon, in a 60C wash. I rinse the nappies by hand in cold water immediately before washing as I don't want to do a cold wash (I would, only our washer sounds like it's about to go off into space when it's on its final spin). for the same reason I don't do an extra rinse at the end, but I might start doing it on the days when I put the washer on and then go out. I then tumble the nappies and boosters on medium for 1 hour, then put everything on the radiator or a rack by the radiator till dry (12 hours or so now the heating is on more).

the only stink I ever had was on one of my preloved bamboo LLs, so I stripped a load of them and it's been fine ever since. my BGs are fine at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->