Clothes feel tight yet have lost weight???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Jacey, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Jacey

Jacey Well-Known Member

The first few weeks into my pregnancy I gained a shocking 11lbs, couldnt understand why but have been ultra sensible since then.

I weighed myself the weekend to discover I had lost 7 of the lbs meaning I've gained 4lbs in total.

My clothes are tighter on me now and im starting to feel uncomfortable, I dont want to spend a fortune on maternity clothes and feel its slightly too early to buy any as i've a long way to go and will probably increase in size too.

When I was the 11lbs heavier my clothes didnt feel as tight so i can only assume some of the tightness is due to perhaps bloating, it just seems odd that i've lost weight yet my clothes feel tighter.

I've only two outfits i feel comfortable-ish in and i feel a bit of a tramp constantly wearing them lol x Have no real bump just look fat :(

2. catty_smith

catty_smith Well-Known Member

I think the answer is that it's all part of the magical mistery of the pregnant body.....it does what it likes despite what the scales tell you!!

3. geekone

geekone Well-Known Member

As of last week I had only put on 4lb and had to wear all my matty clothes, you are changing shape, if you have been cutting down on food your body may be needing more and will redistribute the fat to protect you and baby in case of famin (no joke). Also you will be getting rounder and normal clothes cant cope with rounder. I was in my matty stuff at 15 weeks and I dont have a huge bump although I used a bellyband for a while to keep my normal trousers up but have the waistline unbuttoned, I also used button extenders, all bought at ebay, I recommend a belly band it is great, in one week my button extenders didnt extend far enough :blush:

4. BumpyButtons

BumpyButtons Guest

i put on tons of weight in the 1st 3 months due to my excessive over eating so went from a size 8 to a then size 12. i was 8 and half stone and perfect bmi.

Now, i am 9 stone 13lb, a size 14 and constantly having to buy clothes to get into. I have put weight on in the strangest of places.

My mum informed me the other day that she also went from 8 n half stone to 11 stone with me and it was all water.

Now i know i'm defo carrying a girl i know why my weight is fluctuating so much as with DS i only went up to a size 12 and my bump was small and neat and from behind i didnt even look pregnant.

This one is alot different. i'm atm tryin to find a pair of over the bump jeans that dont cut into the bump. the pair i got from peacocks at 16 weeks hurt like hell and leave a huge red mark right in the middle of my bump:cry:

5. Jacey

Jacey Well-Known Member

yeah guess i am simply changing shape, my jeans are uncomfortable so maybe its time to get a couple of outfits cheapo ones for now. i dont look pregnant from behind but i just feel i look like waynetta slob lol

6. kiwi

kiwi Well-Known Member

I can relate - I lost 4kg during the first 10 or so weeks (mstly due to MS and loss of apetite). I have gained about 2kg of this back now, but am definitely getting rounder and softer.
    I only have one pair of work pants that fit now, which is a little bit worrying. Feel like it is too soon to be buying a lot of maternity stuff as I dont have an obvious bump, but am wondering what I am going to be able to wear a couple of weeks from now.......

7. cillybean83

cillybean83 Well-Known Member

i'm 21 weeks and still wear my normal clothes. I've lost 9 pounds with this baby so far. I was overweight to begin with and I can tell that my legs and arms are thinner but my tummy is expanding. It's weird because I eat like a cow lol

8. angela43

angela43 Well-Known Member

I am at 15 wks, and have gained about 6 lbs. The way the weight is distributing is not like a normal weight gain... I guess all of this is just how pregnancy goes. :)