clothes newborn

L

lillprutten

I dont know what sex my baby is yet, but am wondering this anyway, a friend of mine says dresses for babies arent comfortable and parents are making their daughters uncomfortable for their own vanity. What do you reckon?

Also, do people in UK buy the size newborn or 0-3 months when having a baby?

Thank you xxx

Hey

I know I have found a couple dresses that were made with soft cotton and I am sure are super comfy!

Sorry not sure about UK sizes but I know here 0-3 is like 8-12 pounds but newborn is for 3-8 pounds! Varies depending on the clothing company.

im not sure about dresses.. havent really thought about it as im having a boy lol, but ive been buying 0-3 months clothes, my thinking is that if you have a small baby they will grown into the bigger clothes but if you buy smaller clothes and have a bigger baby, its a bit of a waste! lol i have bought some smaller ones, just incase, but most of them are 0-3 months.

well i had a few little dresses for sophie when she was born, they were fastened at the back and she didnt seem to moan about them, i could always tell if sophie was not happy in something as she would be very niggly. i guess its each to their own, i have a friend who wouldnt put her daughter in a skirt when she was first born cos she thought babies look odd in them lol.

in reguards to the sizing over here it really does vary on the shop, i bought lots of 0-3 months and a couple of newborn, sophie was 8llb 2oz born so not small really and she didnt loose weight like most babies do in their first few weeks (little tubster who likes to eat was my child lol) newborn stuff from next fit her loosely for about a while, some 0-3 didnt fit till she was 3months, i had an outfit from mothercare that was newborn and it wouldnt go near her when she was born, (i found it recently and i am going to wrap it up for her doll lol). With sleepsuits and vests she wore newborn for a while, the 0-3 were a little baggy and long in the legs but they fit eventually. I would say get a mix of newborn and 0-3. This time around il probably buy more 0-3 in actual outfits and a couple of newborn ones (thats if its a boy i have plenty of girls things from sophie).

I think i rambled but in short it depends on the shop for sizing just like adults (well me at least). H&M are really good for sizing i found and tend to have really trendy clothes lol i love it for when baby is about 3-6 months :) oo also some shops will say the age and also the weight range born, next do this but i didnt buy too much from there. trying to remember is the likes of asda etc do that but cant think! prego brain has hit!

So far I've only bought newborn size clothes, and will also get 0-3 months. I would buy dresses if I'm having a girl, as long as they are comfy x

I think it depends on what kind of dress you're talking about. As long as it feels soft and comfy to you I'm sure baby will feel the same.
I'm planning on buying mostly 0-3 months size as newborn stuff will probably only last a few weeks!

Yeah i agree probably best to get 0-3 sizes, especially for me when my son was quite big at birth, weighting 4.4 kilos, almost 4.5!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->