Clothes Shopping Help

sadeyedlady

Reaction score
Can I start by saying I hate clothes shopping. But it needs to be done this weekend. I'm 11 weeks and pretty sure ive just popped.

I'm going back to work on Monday after being off for 2 weeks and none of my tops fit. Dress code is smart casual so it's usually skinny jeans boots and a nice top. I don't want anyone in work knowing yet so I need loose and flowing if possible.

So yeah I need inspiration. What are you ladies who have popped or on the verge of popping wearing at the min? (Avoiding mat clothes for now if possible)

I hate clothes shopping too so feel your pain!
I've just been wearing dungaree cord/denim dresses (Fatface) with tights and boots. Not sure if it's really smart casual haha but they are so comfy.
It's so tough I'm not even that far along and I can not bare the thought of wearing my jeans at the mo, so bloated.
Hopefully there will be some fashion experts on here who can help :thumbup:

If you're in the UK, Fat Face and Sea Salt are great for flowy smart casual clothes that aren't maternity. Or a loose sweater or cardi over your normal clothes would be good. For most of my maternity clothes last time though, I ordered online. Next and New Look were great, but they usually don't have much in store (not that that helps you right now). Fortunately, it's winter so there is lots of stuff to cover up with.

Agree I used loose sweaters (ty stormy weather) until 14 weeks then caved because I wanted mat clothes so bad lol. I also wore a lot of those shirts that cinch around the breast around but are flowy by the stomach. They were super popular last year. But I love form cutting clothes so I mostly just relied on jackets either on or off and bundled in front of my belly

Can I start by saying I hate clothes shopping. But it needs to be done this weekend. I'm 11 weeks and pretty sure ive just popped.

I'm going back to work on Monday after being off for 2 weeks and none of my tops fit. Dress code is smart casual so it's usually skinny jeans boots and a nice top. I don't want anyone in work knowing yet so I need loose and flowing if possible.

So yeah I need inspiration. What are you ladies who have popped or on the verge of popping wearing at the min? (Avoiding mat clothes for now if possible)

Old Navy!! Online too is good. They have these jeggings jeans that have a maternity type band but are skinny jeans. Super cute and comfy!! Cheap too

I have maternity jeans and dungarees (which I live in) these days but top wise, I don't have many maternity ones. I quite like oversized clothes with a skinny jean anyway so I'm just in my usually loose fitting tees and jumpers and I've bought a few more. Also, with my dungarees, you can wear tops that don't fit very well and no-one knows :) depends on your preference of quality but anything new I've bought has just come from Primark as then I don't really care if I end up never wearing it again! They have such a big and random range of clothes in there, there is usually something suitable! New Look have some quite nice basic maternity tops for £7-10 that I recon you could get away with wearing as normal tops but will expand with you!

I wear shirt dresses and leggings at the moment but I'm 10 weeks on my third so I will need to go clothes shopping soon. I'm desperate for a decent maternity bra! Anyone know of anywhere I can buy and try? My skin hates certain types of material. Thanks. :thumbup:

I wear shirt dresses and leggings at the moment but I'm 10 weeks on my third so I will need to go clothes shopping soon. I'm desperate for a decent maternity bra! Anyone know of anywhere I can buy and try? My skin hates certain types of material. Thanks. :thumbup:

Stupid question but what's the difference between a normal bra and a maternity one?

Stupid question but what's the difference between a normal bra and a maternity one?

There's no under wire - underwire can cause pain and isn't good for boobs development. Yet mat bras are still supportive.

I'm still in my underwire bra.. it's just starting to feel a bit uncomfortable as my bump is pushing up to meet my boobs! But up to now, it's been fine. I think I'll look to swap for the 3rd trimester for comfort. My midwife and doctor said there is no evidence the wire causes any issues with milk ducts or milk production unless the wire is cutting into your boobs. Mine sits happily below mine and isn't tight at all. I do have a 34B boob though, so pretty small. They've gone up slightly but not much, I've not had to change bras! I'll be honest, up until 20 weeks, I had no idea you were even meant to consider not wearing an underwire! That fact passed me by..! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->