Clothes size!

Discussion in 'Twins, Triplets & Multiples' started by Rosie06, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Rosie06

Rosie06 Mum and pregnant

Ok so I know its early but im a freak and like to be super organised, so I was wondering what size clothes your babies wore in the first few weeks so what size did you take to hospital with you, what did they fit into and how much did they weigh,

I was looking at clothes today and the difference in size between tiny baby and newborn seems a lot DD was 8lb3 and she was in newborn but tiny baby just looks too small!

just wondering if you could answer some of my questions to give me an idea of what to buy x

2. bluckycharmed

bluckycharmed Mommy to b/g twins!

We took preemie and newborn size to the hospital and they both fit similarly. They came home in the preemie outfits but they only wore them that one time. Mine were 5#10 and 6#3oz.

3. amjon

amjon Guest

Mine were approx 6 and 6 1/2 and wore preemie (up to 5lbs) for quite awhile. They still fit some of them at 9lbs. They swam in newborn.

4. HappiestMom

HappiestMom Spcl Nds Girl + twn boys + girl

the boys are 11lbs and 12lbs and can STILL wear some of their NB stuff..every brand and even every outfit in some cases is different..they were 6lb1 and 6lb5 when born and we just did NB from the start although some of the carters onezies were super long! ..we got some gerber ones because even the NB ones were shorter than the carters NB ones..

5. Rosie06

Rosie06 Mum and pregnant

thanks ladies think ill end up buying a couple of tiny babie just incase then if too small Ill still have newborn there x

6. Heramys

Heramys It's TWINS!!

We've now loaded up with early baby in panic from mothercare lol
    Otherwise (if 37+ weeks) we thought tiny baby would fit the first few weeks anyway.
    But they're not here yet so can't give more advice than that.
    xx

7. GemmaG

GemmaG Well-Known Member

My two were in tiny baby for approx 4 weeks and Mia was 5lb 12 and Mason 6lb 3 at birth remember they lose a bit after birth Mia dropped to 5lb 5 and Mason 5lb 10 and took a week to regain back to their birthweight x