Clothing size

TTC our first

Reaction score
Hi! So edd for baby is November 12. At last ultrasound dr said I'd be expecting a average size newborn. I didn't purchase any newborn clothing except some sleepers. But I purchased six 3 month outfits. Do you think I purchased too many 3 month outfits? I haven't received any gifts for this baby and I'm unsure if I'll get any to be honest but worried if I do they will be 3 month clothing .... I am debating on trading in a few 3 month outfits for 6 months that way I have 3 of each... Thoughts?

Also baby edd is nov 12 and thanksgiving outfit is also size 3 months... Then her Christmas pants outfit is also 3 months... Do you think 3 months will last til at least end of December?

I honestly am stumped at what to do and stores by me don't have many sizes left at all. I'd have to exchange online. Thanks!

I think you'll be fine, unless you have a huge baby, the 3 month one for Christmas will definitely fit...the only thing I'd actually reccomend is maybe buying a couple newborn outfits...the Drs guess is pretty much as accurate as yours ;) if that makes sense...my first baby was 6lbs 12 oz but dr said she would be well over 8lbs...anyhow I was glad I bought a newborn outfit for her which was still a little big on her ;)

My baby was born 15th nov 2014. She was 8lb 7oz but fit in tiny baby (upto 6/7lb) for 2w. Then upto 1 month for over 6w. She didnt go into 0-3 until near 3 months.

Hi
Agree with pp. dd was 8lb3oz but was in first size/up to 1 month for ages. There is quite a difference between first size and 0-3.
Xx

Thanks so does that mean 3 month clothing will last a bit? I will get a newborn outfit for take home I know since it'll be fall/winter she won't wear too many outfits as I'll have her in sleepers often at home

3 mos might be a tad big even if you have a large baby. DD was 9 lbs and she fit some newborn (depends on brand) and mainly wore 0-3 mos. She tracked perfectly after that meaning at 3 mos she wore 3 mos, 6 mos she work 6 mos etc.

My lo was 7lbs 4oz and she was in first size for ages. She didn't go into 0-3 until around 9 weeks. 0-3 usually go up to around 13/14lbs so quite a big difference if you have an average 7/8lb baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->