Clots in placenta

MinaMae

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I just delivered our little Audrey Sophia in April. I was induced at 37 weeks 5 days for pre-eclampsia (BP, protein and headaches) and it took about 30 hours for her to arrive. During delivery, I ran a fever so they sent the placenta to pathology and I just found out that there were clots in my placenta. They are having me do blood work to see if it was a clotting disorder... has anyone else gone through this?

Everything I am reading online says the clots could have been from a clotting disorder or placenta abruption. It just makes me so nervous about a future pregnancy because she is our first.

Were they able to determine the cause? If it is a clotting disorder, there's lots they can do to prevent clots in future pregnancies. I have a clotting disorder, which was detected when I was pregnant with ds. As soon as this pregnancy was confirmed, they put me on Lovenox and baby aspirin, which should prevent any clots from forming. The bright side is I get extra ultrasounds to monitor progress.

Try not to worry! And congrats on your new baby!

Wow you were so lucky!!! i have a clotting disorder ( thrombophilia) it caused my first son to be stillborn, i have had 4 subsequent pregnancies, there is an impact, i have to take aspirin and clexaine ( injection) every day when pregnant, and have to be induced. Congratulations on your baby, that's amazing news x

Wow you were so lucky!!! i have a clotting disorder ( thrombophilia) it caused my first son to be stillborn, i have had 4 subsequent pregnancies, there is an impact, i have to take aspirin and clexaine ( injection) every day when pregnant, and have to be induced. Congratulations on your baby, that's amazing news x

I have factor V leiden heterozygous clotting mutation (one copy of the bad gene, not 2), and the doctor didn't say anything about planning to induce. She did tell me about how you can't have an epidural within so many hours of taking your blood thinner, so I'll be switched from lovenox to heparin in the third trimester some time. I think lovenox and clexane are the same medicine.

Do you have the same disorder as me?

My doctor told me they do the induction so they can have you wean off the blood thinners the day before. It just gives them more control of the situation.

I have the lupus anticoagulant. I also take lovenox with aspirin. I'll switch to Heparin at 36 weeks, which only lasts 12 hours instead of 24 like the lovenox. My first boy was supposed to be induced at 39 weeks, but he ended up coming early at 37 weeks when my water broke. They had to wait for the Heparin to wear off before I could have the epidural. In the end, he was born via c section (unrelated reasons) and then I restarted the lovenox the next day.

My doctor told me they do the induction so they can have you wean off the blood thinners the day before. It just gives them more control of the situation.

I have the lupus anticoagulant. I also take lovenox with aspirin. I'll switch to Heparin at 36 weeks, which only lasts 12 hours instead of 24 like the lovenox. My first boy was supposed to be induced at 39 weeks, but he ended up coming early at 37 weeks when my water broke. They had to wait for the Heparin to wear off before I could have the epidural. In the end, he was born via c section (unrelated reasons) and then I restarted the lovenox the next day.

I see, thanks for sharing your experience. I guess my doctor doesn't feel that way about the control thing? It sounds reasonable. I hope I'll get to have an epidural anyway! I don't like to complain about anything though after getting this far.

How long after birth do you continue the lovenox?

I have factor V leiden heterozygous clotting mutation (one copy of the bad gene, not 2), and the doctor didn't say anything about planning to induce. She did tell me about how you can't have an epidural within so many hours of taking your blood thinner, so I'll be switched from lovenox to heparin in the third trimester some time. I think lovenox and clexane are the same medicine.

Do you have the same disorder as me?

I have type 2 factor 2 so the 4 genes only one of mine is out, they are the same, just brand differences. I stop my meds the day before the birth, and it's always at 37 weeks.

I see, thanks for sharing your experience. I guess my doctor doesn't feel that way about the control thing? It sounds reasonable. I hope I'll get to have an epidural anyway! I don't like to complain about anything though after getting this far.

How long after birth do you continue the lovenox?

I was told to continue for 6 weeks after birth, but last time they let me stop after 4 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->