Clumsiness?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Windmills, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Windmills

Windmills Well-Known Member

Right, I'm not sure if this is just me, or possibly something to do with the fact that I've got a horrible cold/something with my sinuses, but this past week I've been horrendously clumsy.
    Today I went to the Trafford Centre with my Mum, and the number of times I knocked things off the shelf/walked into things/tripped over/dropped things was CRAZY. My brain seems like it's just dying! :lol:
    Anyone else?

2. jaybee

jaybee Mum to Tobias & Alexander

OMG - definatly. since before I got BFP i have been clumsy..it was one of my clues.
    I walk into things, trip over non existent things on the floor and I also find i keep hitting my hips and arse on the doorknobs... but that might just be cos my arse has grown!!!

3. Windmills

:rofl:
    I'm so glad it's not just me.. I've always been a bit on the clumsy side, but it's getting beyond a joke! I'm thinking of building a padded room and sitting in there until the baby is here, I'm going to break something/myself soon!

4. lili24

lili24 Preggers with #2!

I just feel so thick! My brain definitely doesn't work as good as it used to. I can ask someone a question and then ask them the same thing 5 minutes later. I feel like I'm going nuts!

I'm also on antibiotics 4 times a day and I could swear I've taken them, then when I pick them up I realise I haven't! I've missed loads of them :(

So yeah, my brain is dying too :lol: x

5. Windmills

:lol: I'm like that too, I keep having 'moments'! Like with the photocopier/phones at work, I just forget how to use them ALL the time. And I keep forgetting where I've left things aswell. I hope this stops soon :dohh:

6. Ragina Phalan

Ragina Phalan Well-Known Member

Not only am I clumsier than normal but i'm also suffering from baby brain - it's terrible! :)

7. jaybee

I'm a receptionst for a hotel and greet 50 guests a shift/ or say good bye to them.. and I have the words down pat.. you know the usual platitudes and things to ask and tell them (breakfast times etc) .. but I keep forgetting everything..then trail off as I realise I can;t remember what I was talking about and the guests just look at me like i should be in a locked room or something!!
    I just end up laughing, pat my belly and apologise for baby brain.....its awful...now...what was I saying!??

(i have no idea if that post made sense!!)

8. Windmills

:rofl: I keep doing that on the phone, people call and ask me something and I'm halfway through taking their details and forget what they were telling me!

9. jaybee

Its so embarressing though isn't it??
    I ended up dropping a bouquet of flowers the other week cos of my clumsiness...had to hope the guest wouldn;t notice and refill with water.

Oh and also I turned around in the kitchen the other day with a plate in my hand...and smashed it on the wall!!!! DOH!

10. Windmills

I hate it, it makes me feel soo stupid. I'm sure my brain is turning to mush.. My best one so far has been eating my dinner with two forks and not realising until I was finished..!

11. jaybee

HAHA - classic - did your OH not tell you/

12. Windmills

I was with my Mum and she didn't even notice :dohh: And one of the forks was actually for her but she still didn't notice I'd done it!

13. jaybee

:haha::haha::haha:

sure she doesn;t have baby brin too!

14. Windmills

Hahaha.. I hope not! Saying that, she's about the same age as some of the ladies on here (she's just turned 42) so anything's possible :lol: Imagine!!

15. jaybee

Maybe best to not carry on this train of thought!!!

16. Windmills

I quite agree, especially since she's single :dohh:

17. jaybee

OK - changing the subject
    MY OH was worried about the snow this week and my clumsiness, so gave me an xmas presi early!
    They are called footclaws which are rubber contraptions which slip over the bottom of the shoe and have metal claws on the bottom.

I;ve been able to play in the snow and ice with no worry!!

18. rachlouise25

rachlouise25 mum of 3 xxx

:haha:how mad is this i started a thread as i deffo think ive got pregnancy brain thas what ive called it anyway ,all my words get jumbled when talking ,people look at me stupid and i havent a clue then why they are laughing xxxxxxxxxxxxx

19. eeyore83

eeyore83 Well-Known Member

LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one! I feel like a bull in a china shop, I'm so afraid to go places! I swear my hips and butt haven't changed that much, but I take out everything in site!! :dohh:

20. RainbowDrop_x

RainbowDrop_x Well-Known Member

This is happening to me aswell! Its mainly with dropping things though!! I don't know what's wrong.. It's like I can pick something up and then my hands will just forget how to hold whatever it is I've picked up!

And I'm really forgetful aswell. I seem to spend quite alot of time in my own world aswell.. Someone can be talking to me for over 5 minutes and I don't hear a word lol xxx