Cm advice

MummyKP

Reaction score
Just wandering if someone can give me a break down on the different types of cm during each cycle, particularly the difference when ovulating? Thank you :)

I know very little about this subject, but I definitely know when I'm ovulating because EWCM, girl. (looks like pure egg whites!) It's pretty ridiculous how unsubtle my body is. :haha:

Ok thank you MamaByrd. I'm not keen to go down the bbt & OPK route just yet, I'd rather try and enjoy the first three months TTC without the stress of pinpointing O and DTD straight away, so would rather see the symptoms such as my CM. Tonight I have tummy cramps but clear CM so not sure if the cramps are a sign of anything? I've never noticed cramps before but now I'm actually looking for symptoms I'm noticing them! Lol.

Basic break down for how to describe CM through the cycle is..

Dry = just like it sounds, can happen after period and before fertile period or after ovulation.
Sticky = thick/gluey, what you'd see at the end of your period or 1-2 days after, usually "opaque" (never held it up to the light but hopefully you know what I mean)
Creamy = almost like lotion in consistency, usually more translucent. Usually seen in days leading to fertile period or after ovulation.
EWCM = cloudy to clear, eggwhite in appearance, stretchy..can usually stretch a few inches between your fingers without breaking. Occurs during fertile period.
Watery = when you 'feel wet' and it's not from arousal. Also occurs during fertile period.

Thank you so much butterbaby, that's really helpful and I will definitely start tracking my CM daily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->