Cm, bd, O questions

imphope

Reaction score
I have a few rather strange questions:
1. Can you get ewcm and still not ovulate? I am getting lots watery cm yesterday and a good bit of ewcm today but my opks are not getting dark. I usually O around cd15 and I'm a few days early but still wondering why the opk isn't darker? I plan to bd anyway because the cm seems really fertile. I temp also, so I guess I will know one way or the other.
2. Can sleeping under extra super heavy blankets affect your bbt? It's very cold and we used way more blankets last night and my temp went up a bit. Just wondering if this is early O or just the warmth of blanket. If it was O then wouldn't my opk show something? (I test twice a day starting at cd 10 and with a good 3-4 hr hold)
3. So, say I check for cm (internally) and find some...in checking am I removing it and therefore taking away the cm that could assist the sperm if we bd later that day/night? Or is a hint of fertile cm a sign that there is more up there so I shouldn't worry?
4. Anyone else wonder about how much of the swimmers are staying in there after bd? I usually stay horizontal for 15 -20 mins after but it seems a good deal of the semen finds it's way out if I use the bathroom later. I don't think I'm up for using soft cups.

Thanks in advance for helping out a beginner.

Hi imphope! I'm no expert, but let me see if I can help you out a bit:

1. You can actually get EWCM at other times in your cycle (sometimes I get it at like 7 days post-O) but it's way more common before ovulation. I'm going to guess you just haven't ovulated yet. Lots of ewcm is a good sign!

2. External temps really shouldn't have that much of an effect on BBT. It's totally normal for temps to fluctuate here and there, but you'll notice the shift when you O - it should be a change of .4 degrees or more. I've slept in flannel PJs with loads of blankets and seen temps lower than when I slept in a t-shirt and sheet.

3. Don't worry about removing CM when you check...if it's there, your body is making it...and will keep making it.

4. I've been told by both my doctor and RE that sperm can get where they need to be in minutes or less. There is no science behind the theory that laying down after BD-ing improves pregnancy rates. If it were really that simple, we wouldn't need birth control. We could just jump right up after sex! The semen that comes out is just the medium, the leftovers - the sperm are already long gone.

Hope it helps! xo

Thank you ferndalegirl! I appreciate your answers. :)

I usually get ewcm for about 5 days or so leading up to O. Last cycle, when I had ewcm at first, my opk was very light. However, a few days later, it was positive!! Also, I always lay down for 30 min to an hour after bd. A bunch always drips out anyways though, but I guess plenty stays up there. Hope this helps!!!

This post answered most of the questions I came on here to ask! Thanks for posting! What is the "usual" amount of days that EWCM appears before ovulation? All my tests and monitor are showing "Low" but I have good amounts of EWCM starting today. Just wondering when I can expect ovulation, or at least some "high" days?

I've read that it's normal to get up to five days of EWCM in your 20s, but that can decline to one to two days over the course of your 30s. I think it really depends on the person, too - everyone's hormone levels vary a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"