CM Help!?

Strawberry85

Reaction score
What types of CM are there and what am I looking for?

Im not too sure if I ovulate or not, and I dont really wanna go to dr's for a little while. I want to try this on my own for a little while.

I have a FF chart and dont know if its right, as my AF has been a little off course lately.

How do I know personally if and when im OV and how do I check it without using OPK and Thermometers.

Thanks

Ovulation... Creamy Mucus? Prob TMI!

that is a thread I added aweek or 2 ago, some good ideas and suggestions there

I'll bump it to the top for you

Hey hun

Thermometers - take your temp first thing every morning and record it on FF.
OPKs - you can buy the digital ones like Clearblue which give you instructions inside. You can use them on first morning urine and then they will tell you when you are ovulating. The instructions will tell you went to start using them. Alternatively in in the TTC at the top you can buy the cheaper ones and you can do them with that - they show lines on them and you need to be able to distinguish if it's darker than the control line so you know whether you ovulated. i personally prefer the digi ones as it's straight forward.

CM...

if it's slippery, stretchy and a bit like egg white - eg EWCM then you are theoretically ovulating.

After AF you might have very little CM for a few days, then it can be sticky/creamy - then it goes to EWCM for a few days (at least it does for me) then back to sticky/creamy.

Hope that helps hun.

How long have you been TTC?xx

Hey hun

Thermometers - take your temp first thing every morning and record it on FF.
OPKs - you can buy the digital ones like Clearblue which give you instructions inside. You can use them on first morning urine and then they will tell you when you are ovulating. The instructions will tell you went to start using them. Alternatively in in the TTC at the top you can buy the cheaper ones and you can do them with that - they show lines on them and you need to be able to distinguish if it's darker than the control line so you know whether you ovulated. i personally prefer the digi ones as it's straight forward.

CM...

if it's slippery, stretchy and a bit like egg white - eg EWCM then you are theoretically ovulating.

After AF you might have very little CM for a few days, then it can be sticky/creamy - then it goes to EWCM for a few days (at least it does for me) then back to sticky/creamy.

Hope that helps hun.

How long have you been TTC?xx

Thanks for that chick, well I was TTC for 2 years with ex and nothing happened. This is a new partner and we have just started.. but with my other problems cpl years ago and having PCOS I just wanna see how it goes. My doctor has not really done much for me since being diagnosed a few years back, I have lost a fair bit of weight but got depressed with no BFP so gained a little again.

My OH got beaten up FEB 07 and hurt his bits so had to have tests, he got a high sperm count back then, so he thinks he will be fine.

I have not had any tests or scans for PCOS over 18 months now, I got told to lose weight then come back, we have not been using protection and still nothing since we got together so officially I have been for 3 years now. lol

Thanks for that chick, well I was TTC for 2 years with ex and nothing happened. This is a new partner and we have just started.. but with my other problems cpl years ago and having PCOS I just wanna see how it goes. My doctor has not really done much for me since being diagnosed a few years back, I have lost a fair bit of weight but got depressed with no BFP so gained a little again.

My OH got beaten up FEB 07 and hurt his bits so had to have tests, he got a high sperm count back then, so he thinks he will be fine.

I have not had any tests or scans for PCOS over 18 months now, I got told to lose weight then come back, we have not been using protection and still nothing since we got together so officially I have been for 3 years now. lol

I hear you on the weightgain with no :bfp: - i had put on 2st since starting TTC but now we have to go for IVF i have to lose weight so have started again! no pressure! :rofl:

A friend of mine has PCOS and got told she only had to TTC for 6 months before he would see her and run some tests so hopefull they are as speedy as you NOT that you will need it.. it could all happen really fast for you and your :bfp: could be here before you know it!!

Well done on the huge weightloss though, that is awesome. At least if you start temping asap and charting you will have a good idea of if/when you are ovulating. Once you have the hang of it, you will be :sex: at the right times and fingers crossed you'll be moving over to 1st Tri!

Good luck chick :hugs:

I hear you on the weightgain with no :bfp: - i had put on 2st since starting TTC but now we have to go for IVF i have to lose weight so have started again! no pressure! :rofl:

A friend of mine has PCOS and got told she only had to TTC for 6 months before he would see her and run some tests so hopefull they are as speedy as you NOT that you will need it.. it could all happen really fast for you and your :bfp: could be here before you know it!!

Well done on the huge weightloss though, that is awesome. At least if you start temping asap and charting you will have a good idea of if/when you are ovulating. Once you have the hang of it, you will be :sex: at the right times and fingers crossed you'll be moving over to 1st Tri!

Good luck chick :hugs:

Thanks hun, looks like im on CD20. We have BD last 2 nights. I think we will try and BD every other day, but im hoping that if I do have a 28 day cycle again I will ovulate around CD14??

If so BD every other day will work out I BD twice over those 3 days

Fingers crossed for me

also where do I get a thermometer from?

I dont have net at home atm.. so only be able to update FF every other day too cheers :)

Hey chick

I normally have a 27 day cycle with AF starting on day 28 and i was getting positive OPKs anything between 14 to 20!!

If you want a thermometer you can buy them from ebay and they sell them with a load of ovulation sticks for less than a tenner. Or you could go to a chemist and get one, they are quite inexpensive but ask for a basal thermomter for ttc as it records the smallest amount of change. See if you can get one before AF comes and then you are ready to go.

Temp on FF shows after you have ovulated but ovulation predictor kits will give you the heads up 12-36 hours before so they are best used together really so that you know for definite. If you :sex: every other day you will be good to go!! Fingers crossed chick!

I've started temping and doing OPKs again as GP told me it was worth a shot despite DH's sperm count so bring it on!!xx

Hey hun, thanks for that info. I am having problems with this site for some reason, dont suppose you use msn do ya?

also where do I get a thermometer from?

you can get on from most chemists!

I'm not on MSN at work - it's blocked!!!

I got my thermometer from baby mad on ebay and it was only a couple of quid. Think i spent £9 and i got 40 OPKs 10 HPTs and a thermometer!! it got delivered within 48 hours too - definitely worth doing i reckon and i have had no probs! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->