CM in early pregnancy vs before period

Discussion in 'Two Week Wait' started by fingers_cross, Feb 4, 2012.

1. fingers_cross

fingers_cross Well-Known Member

what is the difference in CM before period and in early pregnancy? ive been getting alot of creamy white cm. I got a very very fainy BFP on a HPT yesterday morning (but still not 100% convinced it wasnt an evap, so not getting too over excited yet..well trying!).

If you have been pregnant before, what was your CM like before your BFP compared to before your period?

Thanks!

2. fingers_cross

fingers_cross Well-Known Member

3. Indi84

Indi84 Well-Known Member

Hi, I only just got my bfp, and I had really creamy cm then it turned to water.. but this has happened all the other months, last few days it was like a gross snotty texture, which was different for me, big lumps of it!

4. Beeka

Beeka Well-Known Member

Hello :)

My CM before my last pregnancy (which unfortunately ended as a MMC) was very wet, creamy...More like a watery texture but creamy in colour. Usually my CM before AF is non existent so it was unusual for me to get so much.

Good luck testing, hope you get your BFP xxx

5. BearClaire

BearClaire Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm interested to find out what you pregnant ladies say as i'm also getting a lot of CM, this is VERY different for me. I normally get nothing until i start spotting at 12/13 DPO.

Thanks
    Claire

6. AlannaB

AlannaB Well-Known Member

Creamy, tinged with brown/pink. Exactly how it looks before my period. Exactly. (I spot for 2-3 days before my period, and spotted for 3 days before my BFP.)

So that was probably no help! But I guess, moral of the story is don't be discouraged if it looks same as usual.

Edited to add: In 5 days since BFP, it's just creamy with no color tint, and doesn't seem to be in any larger amount than usual.

7. anorak

anorak Back in the Game!

I am 4 weeks pregnant and I have loads of cream CM!

8. sdeitrick1

sdeitrick1 Well-Known Member

My CM is creamy but there's not a lot and usually before AF I don't have any cm.

9. mypitsthelife

mypitsthelife Well-Known Member

I also have creamy cm and I'm between 6-10dpo (I don't temp just check CM) I tested today and got a BFN but I am hoping and praying and really driving myself insane hoping the creamy cervical mucus means something.

10. brndystewart

brndystewart Member

Trying to conceive our fourth child. Didn't really have to do much with the first three boys but thought we would mix it up this time and do things different.. now I'm testing everyday and making myself a nervous wreck.. suppose to start this Saturday and today I have had very sticky weird discharge. Along with sore blobs back pain acne and food cravings. Every test so far has been negative.. just waiting on a clear positive

11. brndystewart

brndystewart Member

Is it like a weird sticky kind

12. Tripledagger3

Tripledagger3 Well-Known Member

Extremely wet, kinda white/creamy color

13. JLM73

JLM73 Well-Known Member

Mine was like white lotion (creamy) with my son

14. Trying4first1

Trying4first1 Mum to a miracle

Mine was snotty like with my last BFP. Was tons of it and very wet. However didn't get it until day of my BFP at 15dpo

15. GlowMama

GlowMama Active Member

Hello all! I know this is an old thread but thought I would add my experience for any future readers :) I got a lot of creamy and wet CM for over a week before my last period (it stopped in the day before AF came). I could have sworn I was pregnant because that had never really happened to me! I could feel the CM dripping down sometimes!

With DD, I didn't really notice anything before my BFP. Also, in my other cycles I had never noticed this much CM before AF before!

So it just goes to show that every body is different and even some cycles are different.

from what I can see from the other reviewers, the snotty CM definitely seems to be a sign though!

16. leandradenice

leandradenice Member

I'm 7 dpo and I swear I had a FAINT positive this morning, which I'm praying wasn't a ghost line. My lower back is super achy, and I've been cramping slightly, and I've had some thick stretchy tinged slightly yellow cm. I'm hoping someone can give me some feed back... :shrug:

17. HopefulPony

HopefulPony Mummy to Porge and Bobbin

I have the same, no BFP but am 6 days late! Had it with my previous pregnancies too.

18. chocolatechip

chocolatechip Well-Known Member

For me personally, CM has always meant nothing. There are no steady trends.

BFP #1 - mostly dry CM, EWCM on 10 dpo, and back to dry

BFP #2 - creamy CM throughout the whole cycle, turned to school glue close to AF

AF - creamy CM throughout TWW

I've learned not to use CM as an indicator of anything.

19. Bbari2018

Bbari2018 Well-Known Member

When discussing CM, is it what you observe as discharge (on your panty) or when actually testing (finger test)?

20. HopefulPony

HopefulPony Mummy to Porge and Bobbin

Either, sometimes it doesn't make it to the knickers but is still there - I mostly find looking on the toilet paper after wiping is the easiest way to tell.