CM question

paradysso

Reaction score
Need some advice here....

Can some one describe what CM is like during ovulation. I have such random AF's that my cycle is always different. Ive been using Ovulation tests but always come back neg.

Ive read some where that CM is like egg white??? Can any one that has had a baby and had a "show" explain if its similar to this? I know this isnt a pleasant topic so sorry :rofl:

Elaine

Hi there glad i'm not the only one who cant get on with OPK's i used them all this month but never got a postive only 2 faint lines present each time.
My cycles are random too as in 34-70 days!
When you are due to ovulate your CM should be like egg white stretchy and slimey.

Hope you get BPF soon we are still ttc too.

Yes - It can be quite similar to the consistency of a show - Basically very fertile CM is very much like snot!
I too had long and irregular cycles and would not get the Egg white CM every month, but if you don't get the Egg white CM, go with the very wettest CM you get that month.

Heres some additional info for you:-

Creamy, Milky, Lotion Like - FERTILE
Cervical fluid now becomes much more abundant and will feel wet from 2 - 4 days. It can appear either thick and creamy or like hand lotion and will form peaks in your fingertips when pulled apart or can be thinner and look milky. Color of the fluid is white or yellow and the overall vaginal sensation is wet.

Eggwhite Cervical Fluid - VERY FERTILE
Cervical fluid now reaches its most fertile stage for 1 - 5 days. The fluid will look and have the consistency of eggwhites. It is slippery to the touch and if pulled between the fingertips will stretch 1 - 10 inches! The color can be clear or iridescent and the overall sensation is extremely wet.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the advice, i have that type of CM at the minute, but ive tried a ovulation test, and it has 2 line, but 1 is a tiny tiny bit fainter??? i know its meant to be same colour or darker?

you can get fertile CM a few days before you actually ovulate, and you would get a postitive opk about a day before you ovulate too so id say youre getting very close!

its weird as my ticker says im due to test in 5 days haha, wish i had a regular cycle

I have the same problem, i range from 27 days to 34 on average.

Thanks for the advice, i have that type of CM at the minute, but ive tried a ovulation test, and it has 2 line, but 1 is a tiny tiny bit fainter??? i know its meant to be same colour or darker?

We are supposed to get an average of 4 days of Fertile CM (I was lucky if I got two!) so I would say you are approaching Ovulation, going by your OPK. Don't forget that with OPKs they are more accurate around lunch time than in the morning. Once you get your + OPK you have around 36 hours to make a baby.

My most fertile day should have been Day 19 on the month I concieved this baby, however we only BD on Day 16, so if you start BD around now until after your CM dries up, you will give yourself a good chance of concieving.

Good luck!

ohh thanks, fingers crossed, i normally test just before bed, is this too late in the day to test?

Hi there my first cycle was 28 days the I was two days late for the next one .I used an ovulation calender to see when I am ovulating but my cm went along normal but when it went wet clear and water like I could stretch it but it would break I also got ovulation pain.now I have no cm. Do u think I ovulated?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->