co-codamol and late pregnancy

littlesteph

expecting baby no:3
Reaction score
after a 5 day stay in hospital I been put on co-codamol, 30/500 strength. while in hospital I was on 60mg of codine.
Anyway I am 34+5 weeks and been told I will be on the co-codamol till I have baby at 38+3. I know this could effect baby but what effects will it have.
been told to take 2 every 4 to 6 hours, but taking 1 every 6 as I don't want my baby to be too effected.

I have taken codeine late in pregnancy. Consultants said it was fine 😃. Just might make baby a little sleepy. To be honest I always felt them more when taking it lol

Your on a small doses a higher dose might led the baby to be born depend on it and have a little withdrawal after being born. I'm sure if this was a worry on your dose the doctors would have explained it

they did say it was possible that would get withdrawal symptoms from it which is why I am a bit confused to why they want me to take it right up to my section date.

Only you can make decision as only you can feel the pain so you know what you need or can tolerate.

I would take it as directed. They prescribed it that way for a reason.

As I understand it, the risk is addiction, but you'd need a higher dose really to cause that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->