Co-Sleeper

gemmax89

Reaction score
My LO is nearly 4 months old and has already outgrown the moses basket! I dont think she is old enough to go in her cot alone at night and I dont even feel ready to part from her. I wondered if anyone had investigated into co-sleepers? And if so, where did you get yours from and how much??

Thanks ladies x

We have the Arms Reach co-sleeper. It can be a full cot, one-sided or a playpen if you drop the floor down. It also comes in two sizes if you have a space issue. We got our from Kiddicare for about £200 i think - very recommended!

you should ask in the natural parenting section, lots of us cosleep! I don't use a cosleeper she just sleeps in bed with us..

you should ask in the natural parenting section, lots of us cosleep! I don't use a cosleeper she just sleeps in bed with us..

I should have said that really.... Our co-sleeper has been left redundant in the spare room since the second night as LO has been in bed with us. Try it before forking out for one. I'm not too fussed about buying it in the first place though as I will be using it as a playpen for when LO gets bigger. I'm also going to use it again as a transition cot when I feel LO is ready to go into his own bed. I love co-sleeping though! x

I should have said that really.... Our co-sleeper has been left redundant in the spare room since the second night as LO has been in bed with us. Try it before forking out for one. I'm not too fussed about buying it in the first place though as I will be using it as a playpen for when LO gets bigger. I'm also going to use it again as a transition cot when I feel LO is ready to go into his own bed. I love co-sleeping though! x

You may struggle size wise, Oliver won't be able to fit in his for too much longer. I really don't think it's big enough to use as the playpen they advertise it as.

The arms reach is great but it will only last until 9 months ish and isn't safe once they can crawl or pull themselves up. Oliver has started crawling and I'm now scared he'll be able to crawl out of it. We co sleep but he spends the first part of the night in his co sleeper and I'm worried that he may wake before we go to bed and crawl on to the bed and fall off :wacko:

If I were you I'd consider buying a second hand one and a new mattress as you won't get too much use out of it for the cost.

Is yours the universal? There was a much smaller one, but I got the bigger size. I've not had LO in it for ages but it deffinately seemed big enough and it's advertised as suitable for twins...?

I know that the use of it as a co-sleeper cot is only suitable till they can roll/crawl onto the bed, the free-standing cot till they can pull themselves up, but the playpen part can be used up till the child is 1/2 years old or 50lbs.

I'd go with the idea of 2nd hand with a new matteress though.

Be careful with the mini arms reach it only fits bed heights (inc. matress) of 22-24" (or higher with leg extensions), most beds in the Uk are 18-20" high I had to return mine to kiddicare because of this and even though their own description wasn't clear and I only found out from the box they still would not let me return it for free and it ended up costing £20-odd quid to return it!

Is yours the universal? There was a much smaller one, but I got the bigger size. I've not had LO in it for ages but it deffinately seemed big enough and it's advertised as suitable for twins...?

I know that the use of it as a co-sleeper cot is only suitable till they can roll/crawl onto the bed, the free-standing cot till they can pull themselves up, but the playpen part can be used up till the child is 1/2 years old or 50lbs.

I'd go with the idea of 2nd hand with a new matteress though.

Yeah it's the universal, not the mini.

I know it's advertised as big enough as a playpen until they're 50lbs but seriously I can't imagine Oli wanting to play it in now let alone when he is 1/2! It's claustrophobic when the bottom is dropped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->