Co-sleeping/Bed Sharing for BF Mums

i do half she sleeps in her cot until she wakes up then goes in with me

I did in the first few weeks, it saved my sanity!! Now he sleeps till about 9am but if he does wake earlier and OH has gone to work he stays with me.

I do it, don't see the problem in it really.... OH always falls asleep on sofa watching documentaries anyway so it's always just me and Cassidy!

When I was in hospital and didn't get any sleep cause of someone elses baby crying all night, the following morning I just couldn't stay awake feeding Cassidy, I told the midwife and she set up the bed for me so if I nodded off Cassidy would be okay.

I do it, don't see the problem in it really.... OH always falls asleep on sofa watching documentaries anyway so it's always just me and Cassidy!

When I was in hospital and didn't get any sleep cause of someone elses baby crying all night, the following morning I just couldn't stay awake feeding Cassidy, I told the midwife and she set up the bed for me so if I nodded off Cassidy would be okay.

Sounds like you were in the same hospital as me lol - there was a baby crying all night every night where I was too (which is why I begged them to let me go home early)

I co slept in the beginning because it was the only way she'd settle and now we half do it. I purchased something called a snugglenest which made me feel a lot safer about the whole thing.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Snuggle-Nest-in-Pink/dp/B001B9ETTM

I have only really just started to do this and from about 5.00am onwards. Olivia wakes around this time for a feed and if I put her back in her cot, she is really restless and cries, but if she stays in bed with me she will sleep for another 1 hour at least sometimes 3!! xxx

Same here, I dont mind if its after 6ish but sometimes it is 5ish and he wont settle back to sleep so a little cuddle in bed works for us :)

About once a week when we are having a 'do nothing' day, i bring her in for a snuggle when daddy has gone to work, but normally she sleeps in the moses RIGHT next to my side of the bed. xx

I was against it when I was pregnant but started when Willow was a few weeks old . I only do half nights but it's been great , I'm able to get much more sleep and she is more settled .

How do you get on with then getting LO into their own cot later on? My sister didn't BF but when her LO woke up in the early hours she kept her in with her to get some sleep. She was an absolute nightmare getting into her own cot for the whole night and Becky wished she'd never done it! Any stories would be great :)

We did it for about 10 weeks, purely because she would absolutely no way sleep in her moses basket. It was the only way to get some sleep. Would have been alot easier if we'd had a bigger bed though. Me and my OH were on one side and Layla on the other!!!

No she goes to bed in her cot, but if she wakes in the night and wont settle she comes in with us.

i say eash to their own but for me its a big no no. i dont somke/drink/ or do drugs but its still a no. I sit up when feeding so i dont fall asleep and if he wont settle after a 5am feed which most of the time he does - if he doesnt i get up. if hes awake im awake.

My Oh's friend co sleeps with her child with out bfing and her child is 2 and a half and still co sleeping and has never been in her own bed/cot/moses of any kind. but as i said each to their own :)

Sorry to be so dumb but a lot of people have mentioned following safety advice and guidelines and co sleeping is safe - can someone explain what these are???

Here's some info Sam ;)

https://kellymom.com/parenting/sleep/familybed.html

I swore I wouldnt do it and have done it every night since I bought him home. I would have had no sleep otherwise. He starts in his cot and in the early hours I bring him in.

I've slept with Brenn from the start. You just gotta take a few precautions and be sensible about it. MANY cultures co-sleep and it is not an issue.

I personally think cosleeping is safer than crib sleeping, and there are experts that agree...though of course there are ones that don't haha. But we did it with Casen unplanned and then planned to with hayden, if we have more we will too.

Statistically co-sleeping is actually safer as mums can sense when something is wrong and if your baby stopped breathing etc you would wake up due to instinct. It is also so much easier to feed in the night when you are lay down and relaxed xxx

i did it but i wont do it again for so long as now i am stuck!
i will do it just for the recovery period from birth< the first few months< and then i want the baby in a bassinet next to my bed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->