• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Co-sleeping/Bed Sharing for BF Mums

I did it for 3 months, and wish I'd done it for longer. :)

We fell into it as it pretty much helped me carry on BF or i would o never got any sleep, Alfie just would not go down in his basket. From 6 months we've been part cosleeping i bring him into bed from his early morning feed between 4-5am. The MW and HV in my area have started recommending it (givin all the safety guidelines) to BF mothers cos they've realised (eventually) that it helps mums carry on BF it certainly helped me :thumbup:

I ill def be doing it from the start with the next babas

Like alot of ladies here we do half the night. He goes down in his moses basket but when he wakes at 4am for his first feed he stays in bed with us cause he feeds every hour/2 hours and its easier for us this way

I do very occasionally if my oh isn't here or Lucas won't go back to sleep in the crib.

He does sleep better in our bed but I wouldn't have him in with us on a permanant basis as in our case it would be dangerous, we both toss and turn and roll about so it would be an accident waiting to happen.

I would love to have Alice in my bed more but I got tired of changing the sheets everyday. She spits up so much and needs to be held upright for at least 15 min after feeds or else it all just comes back up. She can not feed at all if I am laying down or else she get really sick :( It just works easier for us to have her sleep in her crib beside my bed.

As many others have said - we do it for half the night from about 5am onwards. I feel that it might be more dangerous for me to feed Ava sitting up as she might roll down my body if I fall asleep. I do feel guilty for doing it and wouldn't tell many people as they'd think it was crazy I think!
PS My HV told me that in Asia co-sleeping is common practise and SIDS is unheard of!

Jamie doesn't have anywhere else to sleep, we put away his moses basket when we went for weeks without him going near it lol.

Ive BF and Co-slept with all of mine and i love it, Jamie wakes ever other hour for a feed, id be a zombie if it wasn't for co-sleeping....

..But i have it easy er than some because my OH works nights so its just Jamie and myself in the bed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"