Co sleeping mums-how big is your bed?

tu123

Reaction score
I ask because i think ours is too small now as my hubby is a giant. And Lil' weighs 25lb:dohh:

She will settle in her cot at night but comes into bed with us from about 2am, last night we just went to bed with her as she is teething badly.

Also she will nap for 20mins max in the day n her cot but up to an hr on our bed:shrug:

How big are your beds? Is there anything i can do?

Hey, baby comes into bed around seven am until about 11 when we get up. It changes and it is only for like four hours each morning so I obviously don't exclusively co sleep but we have a king size bed :)

We co-slept til almost 1 year. We have a ikea super king sized bed, which is 200cm long by 180cm wide. Its like 2 decent sized single beds pushed up against each other. I can sleep on my side of the bed with LO and OH still has most of his sleeping space left. I'm pretty sure that when baby #2 arrives I will be able to co-sleep with her/him and OH will be able to cuddle up with #1 on his side of the bed.

ETA: sorry that there's no actual advice in my post. :hugs:

We have a Queen so i think we will need to get a new bed before the next babe comes along!

Everyone tells me i am gettng her into bad habits for her preferring to be in our bed.

Does anyone agree?

When DD got to almost 1 we just knew she was ready to sleep in her own cot. She was going to bed at 7pm to her own cot and self settling but was waking up at around our bedtime to get in bed with us. One night we just decided not to get her up when she started whinging. She was back asleep without any hysterical crying within 10 minutes and that night she woke up a further 2 times for 10 minute whinging sessions. Next night she slept through in her own cot no trouble cos she was just just ready.

we have a queen sized bed and we all fit fine, granted Ash is squashed right up to the radiator but me and alfie are comfy so we dont care :haha:

<3

We have a double and OH is a bigg guy, we squish him over to one side :)
Me and LO are usually pretty comfy

We have a double and me and Bubba tend to push OH out! I didn't agree with co-sleeping to begin with and I know it will probably cause problems later down the line but I need sleep of my own. Ol tends to sleep in his cot until around 4am and then come in with us for a couple of hours. Saying that he was up at 4:50am this morning and wanted to play. We are moving into a house in the next couple of months and he will be sleeping on his own from day 1! Fingers crossed x

king sized bed for us. And oh boy those few inches make a difference :p

when we went to visit my parents we stayed in a double and lo refused to sleep in her travel cot, and we did sleep ok, but obv much prefer the king for size.

other than for about 6 weeks around the 5-6 month mark, my lo tends to come to my bed only when she's not feeling soo well.

We co-sleep. I think he sleeps well because of it. I now always start him off in his cot and move him in with us when he wakes for a feed (mainly as I'm back at work and cannot function with broken sleep so I move him straight in with us for a feed rather than sit up with him and putting him back down in his cot). It works for us. But I understand people who think you are making things difficult down the line. I think it depends how long you want to co-sleep for. Personally, I'm not fussed how long it carries on for so it's never worried me, but if you were planning on having them sleep in a cot by a certain age rather than lead more by when baby is ready then I imagine it might not be such a good idea to start (although the first few weeks made no difference to my little one settling in a cot/moses basket afterwards). I would emphasise this is my opinion from my experience, not based on research or things I've read elsewhere.

We also have a super king bed so we can all fit. My son does sleep like a starfish taking up as much room as possible though!

We have a king, so me and Lo have half and DH has his duvet and the other half! Lo only sleeps with us half the night now though he likes to go to.sleep in his Pram at 7 till 3am . I'm going to try him in his cot soon hopefully he takes to it better.

My son go s 2 his crib which is right at ny head I can put my hand in 2 him he sleeps in that but I somtimes bring him in with us in the morning. I have a double but none of us r sprawl across the bed we all kinda curl up lol. Not sure there's much u can do other that buy a new bed or get hubby 2 sleep on the couch lol the only thing I can think is sleep at top with baby and get him to sleep at the bottem top n tail kinda thing but I would get 1 of those things that stops kids falling out bed and put lo on the outside incase hubby kicked in sleep and u no lo won't fall out bed with 1 of those xx

I"ve got a queen. DH takes up most of the bed though! Definitely going to need a bigger bed if LO tires to not go into her own room! Right now we're working on her sleeping in her own crib and she has the occasional night where she WILL NOT sleep in it and comes in with us- but most nights she is there from 8/9pm until around 6am (with one feed somewhere in there, 2-4am usually). From 6am she comes to bed with us

If Ellie wakes up in the night then we bring her in with us. We have a king size but she still manages to roll all the way over to me and I sleep on a about an inch of bed!! And I'm a big girl!!

We have a regular double but DDs cot is a co-sleeper one. As for getting them into bad habits, our DS co-slept from 2weeks he was in his own 'big boy' bed by 20months. He has come in with us maybe three times since and always asked to go back into his own bed

We have a queen size bed and my DH is pretty big. DH and LO usually end up pretty comfy, all spread out, while I get squished.:sleep:

I'm not sure if there is anything you could do about it, part from kicking someone out of the bed or buying a new one, and I don't think it's making for bad habits.

Thanks Peeps.

I LIKE her on the bed with us but i get tired of the comments sometimes. Constantly having to explain myself:dohh:

I think we will get a larger bed when we move in two months. That will solve the issue i think!

@ megamom- I wouldn't mind if Ember slept in the bed with us until she was 15. I think of my bed as a nest and I love sharing my nest with the people I love. In fact, I prefer to have a bed in the living room rather than a couch. Nevertheless, I disagree with your statement. I think it depends on the child whether it's "a hard habit to break" or not.

We have a California king bed. My hubby is 6'7 and our LO is 23lbs and the bed works perfect for us. We tried a Queen in a hotel once and we were miserable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->