Co-sleeping! (Opinions are welcomed ofc!)

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by loveme_x, Nov 18, 2011.

1. loveme_x

loveme_x Well-Known Member

When i was about to get my first scan, on tv, they were saying its dangerous to have the baby sleep with you. It was ad that it is the same thing like your baby sleeping with a knife (which i believe is totally irrelevent by the way?) :shrug: It had a statistic where a number of babies died last year from sleeping in the family bed. Meaning you could roll on top of the baby or the baby could get stuck in the headboard. Its so sad to even think of the poor baby stuggling for its life & you can't hear it because your dead asleep. :cry: A man whos a pediatrician and he wrote a book said this is NOT true, it is rules to co-sleeping. Who wants to sleep in a cold dark room away from thier mommy? I WANT to sleep with my baby!
    Who believe its safe? Who doesn't believe it's safe?

2. rainbows_x

rainbows_x Mummy.

It's up to the individual, I slept in the same bed as Ava for 7 months, when done safelu it's actually better for baby.

3. beanzz

beanzz Mama to 2

I'm having a crib in my room for Oakley but I'm open to try co-sleeping if he doesn't settle in his crib.

4. dreabae

dreabae Well-Known Member

Its not for everyone but I cosleep. I wake if he makes a noise. If Im really dead tired he goes in his bassinet.

5. loveme_x

I love how Alexander is spelled! ive never seen it spelled that way before.

6. samisshort

samisshort Mama to 2 boys

I saw the same thing! I totally disagree with the ad, co-sleeping is nothing like a baby sleeping with a knife.

I think it's up to the mother what they do, you just have to be careful and know you're not going to do that. If you roll around a lot, it might be best to not do it. But I'm not sure, I'm not speaking from experience obviously as I haven't had a child yet.

7. babyjan

babyjan Mum&expecting#2

I don't think it's dangerous at all, infact I read an article not too long ago about it being better for a child to sleep with it's mother :shrug: I for one would not put my baby in a room alone especially so young I will have baby in a Moses basket next to me :)

8. jemmie1994

jemmie1994 Evie's Mummy <3

if you do it properly is perfectly safe, but as with anything if you do it wrong can cause serious problems not trying to scare you im planning on trying co sleeping too is just so important to do it right!

9. Bexxx

Bexxx Momface.

I was pretty anti-cosleeping when I was preggo, but I love it now.

Of course it can be dangerous if you don't follow 'the rules' but just use your common sense. When Isla wakes I can feed her there and then and we're asleep again within 10 mins. Fan dabby :lol:

10. loveme_x

Yeah it does sound smarter than getting up again and again. lol Who wants to do that 3 am in the morning and yu have work or go to school the next day? :haha::thumbup:

11. x.Mum2B.x

x.Mum2B.x Mummy To Kyreece-Jayden<3

I would love to co-sleep with my LO but can't because I've only got a single bed atm but if I get one beforw LO arrives then I'll defo be co-sleeping & using a moses basket for his nap times

12. Kaisma

Kaisma Well-Known Member

I wanna co-sleep but OH thinks its too dangerous so LO will be in moses basket next to me.

13. 10.11.12

10.11.12 Guest

:wacko: those ads are ridiculous. Yes, done incorrectly co-sleeping can be dangerous but ANYTHING can be dangerous if done incorrectly (cot sleeping included). Co-sleeping with an arms-reach sleeper has been great for Edie and I. You really do have a "sixth sense" of where LO is.

14. SarahMUMMY

SarahMUMMY Mummy-to-Riley&Pregnant!

i personally dont think its safe, and i would never try it, i get really agressive in my sleep and i lash out alot i did this from been really young and im scared of hitting my baby, or rolling on to my baby..
    but i dont have anything against people co-sleeping

15. loveme_x

How About a bassinet ? Its basically the same.

16. Leah_xx

Leah_xx Guest

I LOVE co-sleeping.
    I was a Senior in high school when Gracelynn was born(was being homeschooed for 3 1/2 months bc of bed rest and her being born) but i had to be able to get up for school and that so we co-sleeped.
    Gracelynn is now 13 months old and still co-sleeping with her. We have changed it up a little bit and her crib is right next to my bed long ways with the side rail gone.
    She sleeps in it but with me also. It that makes sense.

If u do it right then its safe. Its not for all parents but its everyone decisions.

17. missZOEEx

missZOEEx Isaac'sMummy<3

we've been using a bassinet next to our bed since LO was born.
    I have nothing against co-sleeping personally but it just wasn't for us.
    I honestly don't think its anymore unsafe than cot/crib sleeping & the 'sixth sense' thing is SO true. even when your asleep you'll be aware of your bubba.. Im usually a really wrestless sleeper but the 2 times I fell asleep with my monkey when he was very newborn, I didnt move once. (OH was supervising & told me) :haha:
    side note- that ad is horrible.

x

18. sequeena

sequeena Winging it.

I co-sleep. It's safe if done properly. I don't smoke so that cuts the risk straight away. I don't share a blanket with my baby, his head is at my chest, not on the pillow and he's between me and the crib. I find I'm able to relax more when he sleeps with me. If he's in his crib I'm up all the time checking on him :lol: I can't describe it but if he stirs I wake straight away :)

19. sequeena

sequeena Winging it.

eeee I haven't spoken to you in ages! how is bubba :D

20. babycakes16

babycakes16 Cory's mummy <3

i wont be co sleeping, i dont think its bad if you want to but i think i'd personally just be a bit too worried and it wouldnt feel right. And that's with me on my own, i definitely wouldnt want to do it with OH in bed too, but thats just me... LO will be in the room with me but not in my bed