Co-sleeping! (Opinions are welcomed ofc!)

i wont be co sleeping, i dont think its bad if you want to but i think i'd personally just be a bit too worried and it wouldnt feel right. And that's with me on my own, i definitely wouldnt want to do it with OH in bed too, but thats just me... LO will be in the room with me but not in my bed

My OH sleeps in the bed but I don't put baby between us. I don't even let him co-sleep with Thomas. I woke up once knowing something was wrong and my OH had pulled up the duvet over his head in his sleep. IMO men just don't have the same instincts as us mums.

I was exactly the same though when I was pregnant and when my son was first born. I did not like the thought of co-sleeping at all. I started co-sleeping because my LO was very ill in hospital at 2 weeks old and one night he would not settle so I had to co-sleep (we were given a private room as Thomas was so young and had no immunisations). I had the bed guards up and pillows stuffed down the sides so he couldn't fall out. Best sleep ever and I describe how lovely co-sleeping is.

I'm not trying to pressure you into it but you may feel different when LO arrives x

There is a difference between co-sleeping and bedsharing. We are planning on getting one of the arm's reach co-sleepers that attaches to the bed. I agree with sequeena also, I don't believe my husband would wake up like I would.. so we'd have to sleep separately and wouldn't want that.

Most of the cases of death from bed sharing is from being under the influence of drugs or alcohol, making it harder for the parents to wake up and realize they are sleeping on baby.

Here is some good info from Dr. Sears, and includes some myths debunked. https://www.askdrsears.com/news/latest-news/dr-sears-addresses-recent-co-sleeping-concerns

i wont be co sleeping, i dont think its bad if you want to but i think i'd personally just be a bit too worried and it wouldnt feel right. And that's with me on my own, i definitely wouldnt want to do it with OH in bed too, but thats just me... LO will be in the room with me but not in my bed

My OH sleeps in the bed but I don't put baby between us. I don't even let him co-sleep with Thomas. I woke up once knowing something was wrong and my OH had pulled up the duvet over his head in his sleep. IMO men just don't have the same instincts as us mums.

I was exactly the same though when I was pregnant and when my son was first born. I did not like the thought of co-sleeping at all. I started co-sleeping because my LO was very ill in hospital at 2 weeks old and one night he would not settle so I had to co-sleep (we were given a private room as Thomas was so young and had no immunisations). I had the bed guards up and pillows stuffed down the sides so he couldn't fall out. Best sleep ever and I describe how lovely co-sleeping is.

I'm not trying to pressure you into it but you may feel different when LO arrives x

awww it does sound nice...i dunno i'm just abit apprehensive about it at the moment

There is a difference between co-sleeping and bedsharing.[/url]

Really i thought they were the same thing :wacko: don't really know much about it tbh, but the idea just frightens me. I'll have a look at the link though thanks :thumbup:

My OH used to sleep next to Ava and I would be on the other side of him. He was really good at waking up when she did, his instincts were brilliant, he never moved when he was in bed with her, he would wake up the same as he fell asleep.

I co-slept for about a month, did a little bit of both up until 3 months, then she was a crib sleeper from 4 months on.

Whenever I co-slept, I loved it! I had a lot of PP complications, so co-sleeping literally saved me from having to get up constantly. Plus, my OH was away at basic training so it made me feel a lot better having my LO right there with me, kind of like a comfort thing I suppose you could say :flow:

I think Co-sleeping is best when LO is sick or you've broken your leg or something.

^ Believe me when you have a EMCS and can barely get out of bed let alone walk, your little one was sick, you are sick its great to co-sleep.

I want to co-sleep, not bed share, with a convertible co-sleeper that I can turn into a crib. I think it will be better for breastfeeding.

I know it's not the same but a man I know fell asleep on the couch with his baby on his cheat and ended up suffocating the baby, it was very sad. So I'm on the fence about co-sleeping.

It's not for me. My 9 year old brother has only just stopped co-sleeping because my mum wasn't strict with him. I know alot of people don't go as extreme as this, but it's put me off the idea.

Plus OH works so much that the only time we get to talk is when we're in bed, without Cadence being in her own room, there'd be no point in us being together because we'd have literally no time to speak to each other.

I don't think co-sleeping is bad, I did it a couple of times in hospital after my c-section but she nearly fell off my chest, I woke up just in time and it scared me into never doing it again, no matter how much pain I was in.

I don't think co-sleeping is for me at all. (I say no, although could change my mind) I would never be able to live with myself if anything happened. I know people have said it'll be easier if you have a c-section, but I'd rather struggle or ask my OH to get her. She'll be right next to my bed anyways - in her moses basket or cot. Each to their own though.

My mum often told me before its not a good idea, just incase you roll on to your poor baby.
Personally i think it's fine as long as you're not a heavy sleeper and aware of your surroundings like me.
I sleep rough usually. But when im sharing a bed i tend to sleep neater and i wake up easily :flow:

It's not for me. My 9 year old brother has only just stopped co-sleeping because my mum wasn't strict with him. I know alot of people don't go as extreme as this, but it's put me off the idea.

Plus OH works so much that the only time we get to talk is when we're in bed, without Cadence being in her own room, there'd be no point in us being together because we'd have literally no time to speak to each other.

I don't think co-sleeping is bad, I did it a couple of times in hospital after my c-section but she nearly fell off my chest, I woke up just in time and it scared me into never doing it again, no matter how much pain I was in.

My little brother is 7 years old and still sleeps in my parents bed. He's too scared to sleep on his own lol. My mum is trying to get him out of there and now it has gone to that point that my brother sleeps in my parents bed with my dad and my mum sleeps in different room.

My mum and step dad are having major problems with my little brother, he's just turned 7 and they have to bribe him to sleep in his own bed! this put me off slightly but im hoping that Oakley will just settle in his crib so i don't need to have him sleep with me. i dont see me being strict enough in the future to stop him sleeping in my bed, and if i have another child (which i want) that's one pretty full bed :haha:

I am far too restless when I sleep so I wouldn't feel comfortable sleeping with LO in the bed with us, but she will be right next to our bed in her bassinet.

I co slept with my daughter up until she was 4-5 months. I was breastfeeding and it just ended up easiest, after her starting off in a moses basket.

My son, still occasionally co sleeps as he's very much a mummy's boy and still wakes in the night. He's coming on to 10 months now.

I've felt safe co sleeping with both of them. Since becoming a mother, I'm a light sleeper, and very aware that my child is in bed with me so I just don't move. When I have my boy in bed with me, I'll curl up around him. My arm above his, and my legs curled up below him, so i can feel whether he moved in the night and I'll wake.

As long as you feel safe doing it, and you haven't been drinking or are overly tired. Make sure you don't have loose blankets, covers etc etc that baby can end up having over his or her face.

It's totally up to the individual on whether you want to co sleep or not. For me, it's worked really well. My son in particular has been a very bad sleeper since he was born. The first 4 nights of his life, the only way he would sleep was laying on my chest, basically listening to my heartbeat. I would sit on the sofa, upright with him all night. Co sleeping is how he sleeps best now.

Like anything in this world, there is a responsible way and an irresponsible way to co-sleep.

As long as you are practicing safe co-sleeping habits, it's fine, and actually has benefits. We've co-slept with our daughter for the past five months, and have loved it. She is now partly co-sleeping. She sleeps in her bassinet right next to my bed, and in the morning she goes back to sleep with me in my bed. It isn't for everyone, but it works for us. :)

I co-sleep, do what you feel is best. When I was pregnant I thought co-sleeping was stupid and thought I'd never do it, but things change. I love it now.

I am planning to co sleep.
I'll have a double bed, so me and LO will have lots of space, even though i'm hoping we'll be able to have cuddles. I know not to co-sleep if i've had drink/drugs (which i dont plan on..) I'm not sure if it heightens/lowers the risk of SIDS.

Tbh, i think that when you're co-sleeping, your subconscious would dramatically kick in, and you naturally wouldnt roll onto baby.
So yeah, i really hope i can make co-sleeping work with my LO :)
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->