Co-sleeping! (Opinions are welcomed ofc!)

Personally I wouldn't have my son sleep in bed with me and fob because we both sleep pretty crazily and I would constantly worry about him getting squashed. But he will be in a bassinet or crib right next to our bed. As far as co sleeping I don't see anything wrong with it if its done properly and baby is safe.

I think as long as you are careful then it's safe. I'm too scared to have Oliver in my bed though. His cot is right next to the bed though so I can see him through the bars. You can buy co-sleeping cots with three sides that go on the side of your bed which look pretty cool. xx

Before I had LO I didn't think I'd have her in my bed. But sometimes she just doesn't settle in her Moses basket and she wants feeding quite a lot and I often drift off when she's feeding.
We let her sleep in our bed because neither of us smoke/drink/do drugs and we make sure she won't wriggle under the duvet/pillows so it's safe. We've also noticed that we hardly move when she's in the bed.
It's just easier for me as I don't have to get up when she wakes up in the night and when it's done safely there's nothing to worry about :)

I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it, I toss and turn a lot so wouldn't want to chance anything :flow:

I'm paranoid enough as it is haha :flow:

It's funny how people are scared about co sleeping...I was scared about her not being in my bed, it was a lot more reassuring for me when she was up against me and I could feel her breathing. I was so much more paranoid when she wasn't in my bed :lol:

personally, i co sleep and have done since birth.
i was terrified to before i had her, and i refused point blank to do it in pregnancy. I thought it was too dangerous.
and yes it CAN BE dangerous, if done with out proper precautions.
i took my HV and MW advice and it worked really well
thank fully my situation made it soooo easy for me to just do it with no real preparation. i was single, non smoker, non drinker, no drugs, and all i had to do was change my double quilt for a single, and drop a pillow on the floor and sleep against the wall.

some people may have to consider things like baby sitters... if your planning to be out over night on a few occasions a month or what ever, and your leaving baby with grand parents or friends family etc, you may find that if you co sleep its hard for them to settle baby...
lots to think about with it really!

but in all honesty it can be beneficial as long as you look at individual situations take advice do the research, and do what feels right.

although all i will say is as baby gets older be more aware of it, im struggling to get my daughter out of my bed, and although i love the cuddles and the company... im starting to wander when its going to stop... so i have started to wean her into her own room.

:flower:

It's funny how people are scared about co sleeping...I was scared about her not being in my bed, it was a lot more reassuring for me when she was up against me and I could feel her breathing. I was so much more paranoid when she wasn't in my bed :lol:

I'm the same now aha. I much prefer her being in our bed.
But when she's fast asleep and will sleep for a bit in the Moses basket, it's nice to have some cuddles with OH :)

before i had my boy i thought theres no way il be doing it, but now his here i find it easier to settle him while he lays next to me plus he seems to be more happier and barely wakes when his on the bed with me, now as a mother im more concious and very well aware his on the bed with me so i never move about, i only have him on the bed when we have it to ourselves x

I have night terrors and tend the thrash around and beat myself up in my sleep, so co-sleeping is definitely not for me. LO has a two steps away from my bed, and I definitely don't see there being any problem with that. :thumbup:

I'm probably gonna end up doing this now.. Will have to see but OH no longer stays at mine on weeknights because of his work hours so I won't have to stress about him squashing LO. :haha:

I have night terrors and tend the thrash around and beat myself up in my sleep, so co-sleeping is definitely not for me. LO has a two steps away from my bed, and I definitely don't see there being any problem with that. :thumbup:

Same i suffer from that too so its not a good idea for me, her cot is like 2 steps away from my bed and she sleeps fine in her cot, ive co slept a couple of times and yes its easier but got put off it after my mum had to take her out of my bed because i almost rolled on to her and she moved more to my chest and ended up not being able to breathe, i felt so bad after:(

Corey & I co-sleep. I love it! He has an actual co-sleeper though. it's called a snuggle nest. It's so convenient. I practically feed him in my sleep.

i believe its best for you and baby if baby sleep in their own bed my sister and others who sleep with their baby complain all the time cuz baby is all over them so they cant sleep and once baby is older they cant get them out of there bed my son does so well in his own bed and sleeps great the times he has slept with me i couldnt sleep and if you plan on having sex you cant do so with a baby or toddler in your bed also it is dangerous babies die by sleepin in thier own area sometime so just think about how much higher the risk would be if baby was in your bed

To be honest, I think its totally up to the mother! Each individual parent has their different ways of going about things and their different opinions and what works so well for some people may not work at all for others. I've not really thought about it much, I'd like to try Joshua in his moses basket when he's very young and I'd definitely like him in our room with us for the first few months if that works out but if he's ever really unsettled I would definitely give it a try having him in with OH and I, just to see if it settles him a bit but we'd probably put him back in to his moses basket once he's asleep and settled.

We have a co sleeping crib :) works a treat. Safe for baby, stops me sleeping with one eye open.
https://www.babymonitorsdirect.co.uk/products/314/NScessity-BabyBay-Co%2DSleeping-Cot-Natural.html

I've been Co-sleeping with Kyreece-Jayden since he was about 2 weeks old & I love it he sleeps in his moses basket when my boyfriend stays round but I've realised he sleeps much better when his in my bed then in the moses basket

We have a co sleeping crib :) works a treat. Safe for baby, stops me sleeping with one eye open.
https://www.babymonitorsdirect.co.uk/products/314/NScessity-BabyBay-Co%2DSleeping-Cot-Natural.html

I love that! Although I have the bassinet right next to my bed already, I just like that more. :haha:

i believe its best for you and baby if baby sleep in their own bed my sister and others who sleep with their baby complain all the time cuz baby is all over them so they cant sleep and once baby is older they cant get them out of there bed my son does so well in his own bed and sleeps great the times he has slept with me i couldnt sleep and if you plan on having sex you cant do so with a baby or toddler in your bed also it is dangerous babies die by sleepin in thier own area sometime so just think about how much higher the risk would be if baby was in your bed

Not trying to start an argument but there are statistics/research showing that the rate of SIDS is much lower in babies who cosleep as babies stay in a lighter state of sleep because they can smell their mothers milk and because mothers are much more attentive to their babies breathing when they are close to them :thumbup:

There are safe and unsafe ways to cosleep, just because someone "cosleeps" doesn't mean they bed share. I managed to find a cosleeper in NZ (not easy!) and so that's what I'll be using :flower:

My son slept in his pack-and-play or crib if he was sleeping well.... if he wasn't sleeping well, then I slept sitting up straight in bed with him in my arms, with pillows keeping my arms propped up.

As my son got a bit older and heavier, I would allow him to sleep next to me in bed but with precautions:

-Just my pillow, my blanket, me and baby. NOTHING else that might be a risk to baby
-OH had to sleep elsewhere
-My bed was in the corner against 2 walls, and my son slept on the inside of the bed, so if he rolled, he would meet a wall instead of falling to the floor
-I tended to keep my arm wrapped around the top of his head, so I would know if he moved even a little

There are risks no matter where your baby sleeps, it's a matter of determining what works best for you and your baby. I was comfortable sleeping with LO in my arms or in bed with me because I am a very light sleeper and because if I know he is in bed with me, I don't move once asleep.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->