co-sleeping problems

kajastarlight

Number 3 on the way!
Reaction score
My DS3 has been co-sleeping with Hubby and I from day 1, but he is 11 months old now and almost the size of a 2 year old. I had figured he would be getting ready to transition to a toddler bed by the time he got to be this size! So he is a squirmy, kicky, moving around little sleeper and it is making my husband crazy. Mostly because he is usually on the kicking end of things.
One night, about two weeks ago, we tried having him sleep in a portable crib right next to our bed. It was very much less than a success. 1 - I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking "any minute now he will wake up and cry" I realize that is a silly reason not to sleep, but it is what it is. 2 - when he did wake up and cry it was the most horrid heart breaking cry I have ever heard him cry. I picked him up and he clung onto my shirt like his life depended on it. One I got him to stop crying and go back to sleep, he still clung to my shirt in his sleep. It made me so sad and realize that he is just not ready to be that independent. (cuz, you know, he is 11 months old)
Oh, and he still wakes up in the night crying and clings to my shirt even though I am right there. :(
Hubby can't sleep on the couch and I don't really want to take baby to the couch to sleep every night. (though sometimes we end up there at 2am because baby is waking Hubby up and I get sick of hearing Hubby gripe about it)
Any ideas?

could you get a single bed or blow up mattress like a camping one ect we have done that in the past for dh until my dd was 2 she didnt like sleeping on her own either x

We finally got a spare bed so my hubby has somewhere to go if he is being kicked (or snoring and keeping me up :thumbup:)

Why not just move your son to the other side of you so he is not next to your hubby and put a guard rail there so he doesn't fall out of the bed? Or leave the cooler per ther so he has extra room to roll that way if he wants but don't actually put him to sleep in it.

Thanks for the responses :) I think we are going to try the guard rail :)

So nice to read that others are co sleeping too , I don't normally hear a lot of parents doing so :flower:

My boy is nearly 1 , we didn't co sleep when he was new born , but have for quiet a while now , and it's brilliant baby and me and daddy get the most sleep this way .
Baby sleeps next to me on my side , our bed is up against the wall so I've put his cot mattress alongside the wall so he can't bump his head as once his awake in the morning his awake and a wriggler and has decided to try and stand in bed lol ( obviously I'm awake but I just like knowing that the added protection is there ) . We also want to get a guard rail eventually just to make sure his not going anywhere lol. So far so good .

:flower:

We got an inexpensive single/twin for DH when it was just me and DS. When I was pregnant we got a king size and now all 4 of us (3 yr old and 11 month old!) sleep in it.

I am SO ready for 3 year old to be out of the bed...and he could be, but we are going to be in transition soon (moving in with in laws while building a house) and I don't want him to be distressed. We may end up having to have me and DD sleep in a double/full and DH and DS sleep in another bed....which would probably help the transition when we actually move into the new house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->