co-sleeping question?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by capricorn1, Jun 5, 2011.

1. capricorn1

capricorn1 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I was hoping that those co-sleepers out there could give me some advice/point me in the right direction of how to co-sleep safely. I sometimes have to bring LO into bed to help get her back off to sleep but I'm really worried about falling asleep with her.

Many thanks in advance,
    xxx

2. Tryingfora4th

Tryingfora4th Well-Known Member

I've been wondering this too, is there a list of do's and dont's for safe co-sleeping?

3. shimmy

shimmy mummy , daddy and baby

Here is a link for you
    kellymom.com/parenting/sleep/familybed.html

Any other questions just ask :) we've co-slept from day 3 x

4. EmberLeigh

EmberLeigh Ember's Mommy

5. leoniebabey

leoniebabey mam of 2 boys

i partly co slept
    he would come in around 5am
    i would remove the pillow on his side and give myself just the one
    put him over the quilt in his sleeping bag
    It was just me and LO in the bed so we didnt really have to worry about much else

6. Raven24

Raven24 mum

We have co slept fromthe beginning he comes under the quilt with me but it's only half way up his body so I wear a long sleeved top so I don't get cold I have his cot at the side of my bed so he can't fall out but he rarely sleeps in the cot the other links have great info and it can be done safely and I have found for us that it works and we both get far more sleep than if he was ithe cot and breastfeeding is slot easier as he feeds while we are both half asleep.

7. Tacey

Tacey Well-Known Member

Great advice already, but I'd also recommend reading Deborah Jackson's Three in a Bed. It made me realise I wouldn't want to sleep with my baby any other way!

8. amy19604

amy19604 Well-Known Member

I've co slept since day 3, after the first night home (day 2) he was waking up every half an hour in the moses basket, but he sleeps great in with us.
    i just make sure theres no pillows or duvet near him, or anything that can get over his face, i usually put him on top of the duvet with his own blankets, and i lay facing him. its very rare that you would roll on him, i never have. dont smoke or drink etc, i always half wake up during the night to check on him. its amazing how you and your baby are in tune with each other when asleep, esp when bf but i dont bf anymore and its still the same :flower: