• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

co-sleeping question?

capricorn1

Reaction score
Hi,

I was hoping that those co-sleepers out there could give me some advice/point me in the right direction of how to co-sleep safely. I sometimes have to bring LO into bed to help get her back off to sleep but I'm really worried about falling asleep with her.

Many thanks in advance,
xxx

I've been wondering this too, is there a list of do's and dont's for safe co-sleeping?

Here is a link for you
kellymom.com/parenting/sleep/familybed.html

Any other questions just ask :) we've co-slept from day 3 x

https://www.cosleeping.org/

Been co-sleeping since day 1.

i partly co slept
he would come in around 5am
i would remove the pillow on his side and give myself just the one
put him over the quilt in his sleeping bag
It was just me and LO in the bed so we didnt really have to worry about much else

We have co slept fromthe beginning he comes under the quilt with me but it's only half way up his body so I wear a long sleeved top so I don't get cold I have his cot at the side of my bed so he can't fall out but he rarely sleeps in the cot the other links have great info and it can be done safely and I have found for us that it works and we both get far more sleep than if he was ithe cot and breastfeeding is slot easier as he feeds while we are both half asleep.

Great advice already, but I'd also recommend reading Deborah Jackson's Three in a Bed. It made me realise I wouldn't want to sleep with my baby any other way!

I've co slept since day 3, after the first night home (day 2) he was waking up every half an hour in the moses basket, but he sleeps great in with us.
i just make sure theres no pillows or duvet near him, or anything that can get over his face, i usually put him on top of the duvet with his own blankets, and i lay facing him. its very rare that you would roll on him, i never have. dont smoke or drink etc, i always half wake up during the night to check on him. its amazing how you and your baby are in tune with each other when asleep, esp when bf but i dont bf anymore and its still the same :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"