Co-sleeping to cot & sleeping through..

T

Tink.x

Well me and my bubba have coslept for 5 months and for the past 2 months he's started off in hiS cot and when he woke in the night I'd put him in bed with me. My question is will he eventually learn to sleep through and won't wake for mummy cuddles in the night and just stay in his cot all night? Or will I have to make sure I settle him back in his cot every night until he sleeps through? Might sound like I'm being lazy bringing him into bed with me but I like the snuggles and sometimes its the only way I can get him back to sleep, its like he needs me for comfort... Thanksx

My LO and i have the same system!! Although some nights he can just stay in his cot without fuss, but other times he wakes up over 5times so it ends up that in desperation i will bring him in my bed with me and send OH to the sofa to settle him!

Id would say you prob need to settle him in his cot until he gets used to it then will maybe stop waking if he is not getting anything to wake up for. I co-slept with my LO until around 8 weeks as BF and only way i could get any sleep when i put him in his cot he would wake i would bring him in with me, but then started to settle him in cot and his waking got later and later and now sleeps until around 6 and then i will bring him in bed for an hour before we get up for the day. I have the cot right next to my bed so dont really have to move to settle him, just a hand on his head usually does the trick.

Good luck x

We are also in the same situation - my LO is in his cot until he wakes at about 2am. I really love co-sleeping though (I too love the snuggles) and I am happy to carry on with it. He stirs more often when he is in his cot - when he comes in bed he normally feeds to sleep and then sleeps through until my alarm goes off. I love that his smiley face is the first thing I see in the morning. I believe one day when he is ready he will sleep through in his cot. I would say do what suits you :hugs:

Can i ask how you got him to start settling in the cot after co-sleeping from the start? My bubba is 5 months and we co-sleep although i really would like him in his cot, ive tried getting him but the minute i put him down he wakes up even when hes deep asleep thanks x

kiansmummyI did go though a phase where I wanted LO to settle in his cot and I just found persistance made a difference. I went back to co-sleeping because I was having milk issues and I've never looked back. But persistance did make a difference. I used to pat his back and say shh shhh and he'd settle in his cot. I think he would now but I just love co-sleeping too much, probably because he;s my last baby xx

they eventually do go into their own way. my son was in a moses basket until 4 months old. then went into a cot, so i dont have any advice on the co-sleeping part.
but whenever he wakes up i just settle him with his cot mobile/lights music thingy.
he has a routine, and now he knows when its bed time.

but my son is one of those babies who gets wrapped before sleep. he wont go to sleep without being wrapped in a blanket. hes been like it since birth, im hoping he grows out of it soon though, its getting harder to do it lol.

you could try giving him a teddy bear to cuddle or play some soft lullabies etc. it does get tiring but its worth it in the end when they're in a routine.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->