co-sleeping

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Zoex89x, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Zoex89x

Zoex89x Guest

Hey,
    To those of you who co-sleep,do you make quite a bit of space in your bed for lo or do you keep them really close like almost just cuddle them? thanks for any replies x

2. A3my

A3my I am so lucky!

My and DH pull our pillows wide apart so there is a big gap in between and Alex sleeps in there. I pull him close for feeding and then gently move him more to the middle when he falls asleep. Some nights I have fallen asleep feeding him and he seems to move away or his own accord. I love co-sleeping xx

3. vaileasmama

vaileasmama Well-Known Member

i tend to keep a bit of space in between us - babe sleeps on my side, not in the middle as oh gets up early and would disturb her.
    i mainly keep distance as its summer here and a million degrees at night!

4. Surreal

Surreal Me + Little Man = Family.

I'll do both -- sometimes I'll settle him at the middle of the bed, and sometimes he's just a few inches from me, and I'm positioned in a 'C' around him.

Sometimes I'll fall asleep BFing, sometimes... he does the ultimate wiggle butt from the middle of my bed, and gets himself next to me! :wacko:

Edit: I'm a single mother, though, so middle-bed settling works because it's just me 'n him. With OH, probably best to put you in between LO and OH.

5. lucy_x

lucy_x Mummy To Two Stunners

cuddle her :thumbup:

6. BunnyFace

BunnyFace Mummy

Both, depending on whether im nursing her or not :flower:

7. Kimmer

Kimmer Mummy to a beautiful baby

She doesn't have loads of room really. She sleeps on her side facing me, she has enough room to roll onto her back (she never rolls so her back is to me). I have my arm over her, but I don't keep my arm under her, I think I would end up hurting her if I move too quickly.:flower:

8. Waiting2bMommy

Waiting2bMommy Levi and Jax's Mommy!

I try to keep space at least I start out that way but by morning we are all cuddled together. He sleeps way better when he is closer to me :)

9. lanaross

lanaross Mom to Bella and Greyson

I don't co-sleep anymore, but when I did (and even now when she wakes up in the middle of a night and wouldn't go down), I really hugged her and kept her very close to me. And then I see three hours later that I never moved an inch. it was so amazing.

10. minties

minties Complete

Heaps of space between us here, we share a queen sized bed that is against a wall. He's near the wall side. There is a couple of feet between us. I do this so that I don't accidentally hurt him (I'm overweight), and so that my bed covers don't get near him.

11. Maybenextimex

Maybenextimex Just preggo - stick bean!

My OH is sleeping in the spare room so my lo sleeps in the middle, close when I'm feeding.

12. MiissMuffet

MiissMuffet Well-Known Member

We cuddle close as theres not much room, except she normally kicks us over anyway :haha:

13. leelee

leelee Mammy to 2

Myself and OH pull our pillows apart and LO sleeps in the middle of us. He usually likes to hold my hand and have his other hand touching off OH (he is a very touchy feely baby).

He doesn't co-sleep every night as he gets very giddy when he is in the bed with us but slept in there with us this morning. It was lovely :)

14. pinktaffy

pinktaffy Well-Known Member

me and oh make space in the middle pull our pillows away and then i cuddle her back 2 sleep then i normally wake up not cuddleing her i move my arm to get comfy.

we only morning cosleep though not all night xx. she sleeps in her own bed till around 6-7 then comes in with us for a cuddle and an extra few hours kip hehe

15. stardust599

stardust599 Well-Known Member

I don't co-sleep anymore but when I did I used to keep Macy snuggled close - lying in the crook of my arm and snuggled into my chest, it was lovely!
    xx

16. louise1302

louise1302 mum to FIVE boys :)

oscar either sleeps in thed crook of my arm(i barely move in my sleep and dont move an inch when hes in with me, its weird) or he sleeps on my chest if hes in there because of bellyache, again i never move

17. starsunshine

starsunshine Well-Known Member

I've just started bringing Leo into bed with me in early hours of morning due to him not sleeping well and it's been a godsend! I put him between me & oh lying on my arm. I don't move at all except to push oh away if he rolls over - it's bizarre!!!! Seems to work for us though. Do what you think is best for you.

18. Tudor Rose

Tudor Rose Mummy

DH sleeps in the spare room so we have plenty of room, but tonight baby is going in her cot, we have started to disturb each other at night. shes a little wiggle bum.

19. SophiasMummy

SophiasMummy Mummy to Sophia

me and LO share a king size bed and she has about 3 quarters of it to herself so i give her loads of space though she shuffles herself over to me during the night and i usually wake up with her beside me, i think she likes the extra warmth of my body heat xx