Coffee?

Haylee.

Day dreamer
Reaction score
Is anyone still drinking coffee? If so, are you drinking instant coffee or real coffee? And how many cups per day?

Sorry for all the questions! I'm just curious as I will admit I am still drinking two cups a day of real coffee, made extremely weak to get me up in the morning. I do plan to cut down to one a day very soon.
I don't drink tea or soft drink often at all, so I don't see the harm in the odd cup of coffee.

Anyone else? Xx

With my 1st two pregnancies I drank mostly tea right through with a coffee here and there, sometimes instant sometimes 'real' lol
This pregnancy I've had one tea, I walk past a coffee shop and have to hold my breath otherwise ill vomit :haha:
One coffee a day is fine though :)

Some say to avoid coffee in the 1st trimester...I didn't drink coffee when pregnant with my son, but with my daughter I started drinking coffee at 18 weeks, once I was safely in the 2nd tri;) instant coffee has less caffeine. You're allowed up to 200mg caffeine a day...in a small cup of coffee there is (I think) 100-120mg...so 1 Cup a day is fine;)

First off, I want to say that I am an avid coffee drinker! At least three mugs a day. I just found out that I'm expecting though so I've been cutting down a lot. I've just been having one mug a day and a lottt of water. I hope to completely drop the coffee but like I said, I am an avid coffee drinker. Haha. That might be pretty hard! I will do anything I need to do but if it doesn't hurt the baby, I may just continue with my one mug a day. Maybe I'll switch to decaf! :winkwink:

I am still drinking 1 cup of coffee per day. 1 k cup. I cut out EVERYTHING with my first 2 pregnancies... anything that was not "pregnancy safe". And I STILL MC'd. I realized that coffee is not going to be the cause of a MC. My bff is 34 weeks and she drinks 1 to sometimes 2 k cups per day depending on how she feels since she conceived. The baby is growing perfectly and my OB says it is fine. She even said a glass of wine or a beer here and there will not do anything... I def stay away from the alcohol though! But I know the dragging feeling in the morning. I also feel more sick if I do not have a cup of coffee. I cut it down to 8 oz per day. It also helps me have normal BM's too. :coffee:

I usually had three cups a day, every day. My daughter ended up being within an ounce of my own birthweight, was full term (had to force her out! :haha:), and has scored well on all of her tests and milestones. It's all what you're comfortable with!

Thanks ladies! I'm not alone :happydance: love my coffee! When I had MS with ds a coffee in the morning was the only thing that'd stop me being sick before I left for work, but last time I was drinking instant. I'm sat doing some reading on coffee and tea now and it's quite interesting.

Thanks for all the replies x

I have a cup a day. With my first I waited till 2nd tri to have coffee. But now im so dog on tired with my first I am having a hard without

I drink Starbucks every once in a while which is the only "coffee" I'll have. Other than that, I have tea and Coke.

I usually have a travel mug of coffee a day (2 measured cups). But when I brew it, I use 1/2 decaf and 1/2 regular coffee grounds just to remove some of the caffeine. lol

I had a couple of coffees in the very beginning, like 4 weeks - but it just didn't taste the same as pre-pregnancy. If I still loved the taste, I would have still had them, I was only drinking maybe 2 store bought a week (but they have 2-3 shots in each cup) Don't like instant coffee personally :S

I drink one cup of half caff coffee everyday, sometimes 2 depending on how I'm feeling. I've completely cut soda out but that's more or less due to my stomach going bananas when I drink it.

I drink around 3 cups per day. I mix my grounds with half decaf and half French vanilla! It is really yummy and it has a little less caffeine! However, I am not someone who gets too worried about some of the little pregnancy rules...my CD is perfect and she had a coffee drinkin momma! ;) just whatever you feel comfortable with :)

yup, I still drink my coffee too. I try to switch it up with decaf teas, and decaf drinks like chai.. but on my early work mornings I need at a cup! cutting down from around 3 to 1 cup though. I'm not too paranoid about rules like that, but better safe than sorry I suppose.

I've been having one cup of green tea a day, I use loose leaves so I can make it weak by using less leaves. It has caffeine but it also has lots of antioxidants and health benefits. It's not quite as strong a picker upper as a coffee but it takes the edge of tiredness away.

1-2 cups here. I have given up soda and nearly everything else though.

I was a coffee addict, not human until my two morning cups then another 3 or 4 throughout the day. I went cold turkey the day I found out, in fact the day before I found out I had a cold coffee and it made me sick. I miss my coffee so much but even the smell has been too much to deal with. If I start to like it again I will probably have the odd cup. A fresh juice has been my only morning pick me up, its just not the same.

I drink decaf and have done for the last 5 months or so as stopped for IVF.

I've been having one cup of green tea a day, I use loose leaves so I can make it weak by using less leaves. It has caffeine but it also has lots of antioxidants and health benefits. It's not quite as strong a picker upper as a coffee but it takes the edge of tiredness away.

You shouldn't drink green tea in pregnancy. It causes dips in folate (folic acid levels) and increase risk of spina bifida.

I drank coffee my first pregnancy cuz I needed to be alert at work and now I drink one cup a day because I need to be alert with my toddler. It's ok one cup, no need to be paranoid I feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->