Coil OUT

Fliss

Reaction score
And while I've had more pleasant expereinces at the doctors, it wasn't TOO bad.

So, 4 more months of condoms then TTC :thumbup:

Ohh, congratulations!! Not THAT long to go then! :D Really hope things go well/smoothly for you.

Injection runs out for me mid March, and although I know things won't return to normal right away we'll be going to condoms for a while too!

Hi i don't usually post i just kind of lurk lol urm was just wondering i've got the coil and we are looking to start TTC in september. Did the doctors tell you if it takes a while after having it taken out to get back to normal cycles etc and is there any particular reason for using condoms for 4 months?? sorry if i'm being too nosey just tell me if i am :) xxx

Hi i don't usually post i just kind of lurk lol urm was just wondering i've got the coil and we are looking to start TTC in september. Did the doctors tell you if it takes a while after having it taken out to get back to normal cycles etc and is there any particular reason for using condoms for 4 months?? sorry if i'm being too nosey just tell me if i am :) xxx

I'm pretty sure it depends which coil you have. Mirena releases hormones so your body may take some time to get back to normal, totally different for everyone though.

If its the copper coil, which doesn't use hormones, then I imagine it would be back to normal right away. I'm not 100% sure though.

4 months will fly by, especially with a holiday to look forward to!

Wanabmummy I think it's like the above poster said with regards to cycles getting back to normal etc.

My brother in laws wife had the copper coil and was told by the doctor to ttc straight away after having it removed as apparently your fertility takes a sudden peak after having it out. She tried straight away with her first little boy and was pregnant within 5 days of having it out, she's now 8 and a half months pregnant and again tried as soon as the coil was removed and was pregnant within 7 days!

Fliss, is there any particular reason you've decided to wait 4 months before ttc now your had your coil out?

X

Yes - DH doesn't want me up the duff before we go to the States, and I wanted a chance to chart my cycles and get to 'know' what I'm like before we started TTC.

Tbh though, I'm already taking my Folic Acid as I know my DH and his (lack of) memory well, so I want to be sure that I'm doing the 'right' things before TTC.

Basically he wants this holiday to be the last blow out bash so wants me to be able to ride on the big scary rides and have a drink at dinner without fretting bless him.

wow congrats and good luck! 4 months will fly by!! i hope you get your BFP really quickly

xxx

Thanks for tip mummytosummer. I have copper coil in and was planning on having it taken out a couple of months before ttc, but I'll keep it in till last min! Congrats on getting yours out fliss! It's not pleasant but on the bright side better than having it put in!! And of course one step closer to ttc. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->