coil removed, 1st period, neg test, sick

dobbyelf

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to this forum, i'm kind of at my wits end right now and with the doctors closed for New Year i'm reaching out here.

I had my Merena Coil removed on December 5th and have been trying to concieve with my husband. I had light spotting after, however i did come on my period (a week of bleeding) 3 weeks later.

The bleeding stopped on Boxing day, and terrible sickness started.
I've been getting sick for the last 4 mornings, aswel as having terrible acid reflux (as i did with my first pregnancy), and i've always been having exsessive uncomfortable burping.

I bought some cheap dipstick pregnancy tests from Ebay and the results have been negative.

Ordinary I would say I wasn't pregnant, but with having the coil removed, i'm not sure how it works with pregnany and periods.

Could there be a chance?

Thank you

You likely haven't ovulated yet at this point in your cycle, but could be working your way towards ovulation. As for the illness/symptoms, you are probably either sick, or your body is struggling with the sudden loss of Mirena hormones. It is not uncommon for your body to need some time to re-adjust after having it removed. While some women conceive the very first cycle after having it pulled, in my experience, it takes a little more time for your hormones to level back out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->