Cold and conjested just at night

CharlieP

Mum to Charlie
Reaction score
Can anyone help? My LO gets very snotty/catarghy at night and seems to have difficulty breathing. He goes off ok but it wakes him up. He was up and down from 3.30am this morning.

Is there anything I can do for / give him to make it better.

He seems less conjested in the day but seems have slept more and eaten less over the last two days. Still lots of wet/dirty nappies.

TIA

X

Do you have central heating?

My HV told me that if River is stuffy to hang washing around the house or bowls of water to keep moisture in the air as central heating is really dry

^^ or a humidifier.

I am the same in winter with the central heating on. It's lying down that's the problem. Upright and I am fine. Adam has shown some signs of being the same, so we're getting a humidifier soon. If we didn't have Adam I'd keep the bedroom window ajar but OH won't let me with a baby in the room, so consequently the air is very dry.

Bowls of water would be better than laundry, as that'd dry out before the night is over, I'd think.

my los exactly the same..i shall keep an eye on this thread x

Yes, we've got the bowl of water to help.
My nose was dry and blergh too.

When you say a bowl of water what do you exactly mean?

Does it have to be hot? How big should the bowl be?

Thanks

Just a cereal bowl of cold water by your radiator (I have mine on the floor because we have UFH)

It saves the air drying out too much... which stuff up your nose like air conditioning does.

I found rasing up his crib a little,it works wonders! x

We got a cold mist humidifier for Autumn.

Also do you have the bulb syringe from birth, the one they use to clear the nose and mouth out with?
Lil Miss kept getting blocked up and our paediatrician told us to put a couple drops of nasal saline solution in each nostril, leave it for 10 secs and then suck it all out. It works wonders for "normal" bogies and what ever else snot wise is up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"