• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Cold/flu

Weebles

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure when I O'd this cycle but right around the time I usually do I've come down with a nasty cold. Like I can't even symptom spot. Bummer. Now, I know sometimes being sick can delay ovulation but I'm certain I already have so my question is.. Can getting sick effect conception or implantation? I'm not thinking that being sick means I'm pregnant or anything, this def is not morning sickness, I just wonder if anyone knows if it hurts my chances.

From what I've read getting a cold is a sign of pregnancy...hope thata the case for you!

The cycle i conceived I had a cold right around O and I was afraid it would hurt my chances too, but apparently not!! Someone told me that when you are sick, your immune system will actually allow more sperms in when normally it might be overly aggressive in killing some sperms, hence upping your chances. I don't know if that's true but I believe that as long as you don't have a fever, your chances are not hurt by an illness.

Not trying to get your hopes up nor mine, I too got a cold when I got pregnant with my DS (4yo). I normally O on CD 18-20, but the past 2 cycles have been beyond dramatic. This one is CRAZY beyond belief. I got a cold around my supposed O per FF and O'd on CD 8. Way too early. I'm going to continue to BD and start taking OPK's in case my O date changes, it has in the last couple cycles. Feel free to check out my BBT charts below. (Last cycle I ran a fever around my usual O and it delayed my O 5 days or so and it was a bust so it could go either way.)

Oh wow, haha, these totally weren't the responses I was expecting but in a good way! Who knew there could be a plus side to being sick. BrendaJ, I don't know much about charting. I said I was going to start this cycle but never did. I do however use opk's but I bet it's even more accurate to combine the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"