cold nights :(

emilyjade

mummy of two!
Reaction score
at night i normally but LO in his sleeping bag with his fleece underneath but last night he got really cold and i havnt a clue how to put blankets on him as he kicks his feet and the blankets come over his face :\ hes nearly 7 months anyone have ant ideas?

thanks

With our place, it does get really chilly in the winter. As a result, we bought a little mini heater for the room which helps to keep the room warm.

Our little guy likes to kick off stuff so we had the same problem. With the heater though, if he kicks off the blanket, he'll still be warm.

My 6 week old does the same thing. Even if I swaddle her really tight she still manages to squirm out of it. :wacko:

I just put the central heating on timer to come on for few hours in the night and put LO in fleecy all in one and a vest and a normal blanket x

My heating clicks on when it goes below 16-18 degrees

We keep our heating on all night, especially now it is getting colder. I put my LO in bodysuit, babygrow, sleeping bag and she lies on top of a blanket which I can wrap the edges around her if she gets cold.

Our heating clicks on if it falls below 17 degrees at night. Joe wears a 2.5 tog sleeping bag, long sleeve vest & sleepsuit with scratch mitts. I think he'd just kick off a blanket if I tucked it over the bag but I might need to try that if it gets much colder. I think our heating bill is gonna be massive!!

Our heating clicks on if it falls below 17 degrees at night. Joe wears a 2.5 tog sleeping bag, long sleeve vest & sleepsuit with scratch mitts. I think he'd just kick off a blanket if I tucked it over the bag but I might need to try that if it gets much colder. I think our heating bill is gonna be massive!!

Ditto, am dreading our next bill, have had the heating on since end of Sept...it is so difficult to ensure our babies are neither too hot or too cold...

I layer up his clothing. Like he normally wears a long sleeved babygro and a long sleeved top with a 2.5 tog sleeping bag but when it's cold I put him in a short sleeve baby gro, sleepsuit, and 2.0 tog sleeping bag.

We have an oil heater in her room that has a temperature gage thingy on it so we set it to about 18 - 19 degrees and if it falls below this it'll come on and keep the room @ one temp all night! :)

I have taken to putting emma in a baby vest, sleep suit then in a sleep suit that is a 12-18 month and fleecy, then she goes in her sleep bag. The sleep suit that is the few sizes up also then goes over her hands.

It seems to work so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->