Cold Symptoms + BFP?

kytti

Reaction score
I wonder how much truth there is in cold-like symptoms around the time of implantation? I'm asking because when I first got pregnant with DD I had an awful cold. I was around 7 DPO and felt terrible. About 5 or 6 days later I got a BFP. Well, here I am.. roughly 7 DPO and I have cold symptoms and it feels like I'm about to get an awful cold. In the middle of Summer?? Really!? :dohh: I'm not trying to read too much into it. With #1 I was sick on Christmas day, dead of Winter.. colds are not THAT uncommon during that time. But then I started reading online (always a bad idea) :wacko: about many women who have had a cold, flu, or just cold symptoms, right before their BFP. I really don't think it's my month because I think I O'd later than expected... but basically I am just curious how many of you (if any) have had the cold symptoms before a BFP or know someone who has?? Just trying to see if there is some truth in it. :blush: I have no other symptoms really except some slight pains but it goes from my left AND right side, not really just one side! :shrug:

A lot of women get colds before they miss their periods. Pretty much everyone I've talked to have experienced it as well including myself. I think it's because your immune system weakens.. I could be wrong though.

I've been taking vitamins out the wazo.. whazoo.. wahzu!? LOL! Yeah, that. I figured it would help boost my immune system so I am really surprised to be getting a cold in July!!! Again, I don't want to get my hopes up but... like the glutton for punishment I am... I did a google search today and was amazed at all the things that popped up regarding a cold and BFP! I just wanted to get some opinions here. Hear it first hand! Er, read it.... :haha:

I hope it is a good thing for us since I have a cold too. I'm only 3dpo, but have been very fatigued, stuffy nose, and just feeling plain "icky" today. I haven't had the energy to do anything. If I am pg I doubt it's from that though since it's so early. Oh well we'll see!! Good luck :hugs:

Maybe it will be lucky for you too even if you are only 3 DPO! I never get colds in the summer but I am sure it's not unheard of. I'm hoping after a good night's sleep I will feel better tomorrow. I can feel my body trying to fight it off, I think the prenatals are definitely helping otherwise I'd be on the floor passed out right now! Heck, I'm about to go to bed and pass out, I hope!

I'm, I think, about 9 dpo and yesterday became all kinds of congested and my throat was scratchy! I don't suffer from allergies, and am still feeling the same today. Hopefully it's a good sign:)

I subscribe to this school of thought. I have had 3 mc and have only 1 DS. I'm thinking it is no coincidence that from implantation to BFP I had pneumonia and was taking 16 antibiotics a day on the day I tested with him - eek! He's going to be 3 next month and I'm now 6dpo and have a cold and sore throat, I'd love to think I feel this awful for a reason!!!

I had a cold before i got my positive. I believe this one is true! Good luck to you all!

I'm currently having the same thing, I really hope this is it for us, I have heard good news about colds I'm testing Tuesday keep me updated ladies x

Wow, it will be really interesting to see what happens with everyone. Keep me updated! My temps went up this morning, close to 98 which is not terribly common... I hope they keep going up and stay that way! 3 more days until testing (even though it may be too early)!

I had a terrible cold back in March which started about 3 days before a BFP (which unfortunately later ended in m/c). I've heard of soooo many people getting colds before their BFPs, so maybe its a good sign. Fingers crossed for you!

Thanks so much Ruby! I'm not getting too hopeful. The cold symptoms seem to be disappearing. I think the prenatals really helped it not turn into a full blown cold! I also got a ton of sleep last night so that also helped! Just a few more days and I'll know something. Getting pretty nervous. :(

Well even if its not a bfp, glad you are feeling better!

But remember its not over till the :witch: shows her face.

You're right!!! I got my masters homework done a few days early and now I can hop in the shower and RELAX!!! :D

I woke up with a cold on saturday! Tho I am only due to OV today!!! :dohh:

I took a test this morning. BFN but I went to this website called "can you see a line" and it inverts photos for you.... this is what I got, I think it's a joke though!!!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/kittyfurballs/wth.jpg

Was the pic taken within the time limit? Looks like a bfp x x

Ignore the above pic ^ that website is silly! For some reason it does not play nice with the google chrome browser because I got a different (negative) results using firefox and IE, silly silly silly. Still BFN for me! :( I am pretty early though I just realized. My ticker says 9 DPO but I'm pretty sure I am only 7 or 8 DPO because I O'd late this month, according to my OPK. I am feeling some AF signs now though, sadly. She is due Saturday but I should start spotting a couple of days before then at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"